Hello Update & Positive Post

Jen Jen J.
on 9/22/08 12:54 am - Houston, TX
Oh I have lots to update you ladies and gents on ...

I went to the Dr on September 11Th.  Baby Hope is still Baby Hope.  Daddy doubted it but the ultra sound proves she is still a girl.  She is healthy and growing.  She weighed 1# 10 oz and was in the 54Th percentile.

Sept 12 Hurricane Ike hit.  We lost power for 8 1/2 days.  We lasted in the house 18 hours and then headed out of town to a hotel.  We spent 8 nights at a lovely Fairfield Inn.  ALL 7 of us plus our 95 pound fat stinky pooch.  Thank God for hotels though.  We had two queen beds, a pack-n-play and a rollout bed.  It was crowed and tense but it was cool and the beds were comfy.

We celebrated DH's birthday at the hotel with gifts from CVS, very extravagant gifts!  He thorougly enjoyed the sentiment.

We got home early yesterday evening.  Man, there is no place better than home, NONE!  We immediately started our routine.  I was worried after all the days away bedtime would be hard.  The kids all went right to bed and this morning has been smooth.  It seems like things are back to normal.  Whatever normal may be ;-)

Our house has a bit of water damage in the front rooms and at the windows where water blew in.  I have to call the insurance company and see what if anything they will cover.  My refrigerator and freezers smelled like garbage cans.  Yucko!  The fridge is now ok but my big freezer still stinks.  I have vinegar and baking soda in it and have been spraying fabreeze in the room where it is.

My sweet Grace is 4 years old today.  I cannot believe how time flies.  She is so wonderful, beautiful and such a blessing.  Since we were gone, I have nothing prepared for her b-day.  This morning I got up early and used the mismatched leftover decorations I had and decorated the breakfast nook.  I also had some left over goodie bags from M's last party.  I put those all together and gave them to Grace as a small present this morning.  She was so tickled, you would of thought I gave her free reign at ToysRUs.

I guess that is it for now.

God Bless! Jen 
Mark 9:37a
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."

Ladybugmom
on 9/22/08 1:42 am - Lockport, NY
Hi Jen sounds like things are good for you. I am really glad there wasn't much more damage for you from the hurricane. I heard an easy way to get rid of smells in fridges and freezers was to cut a citrus fruit in half and leave it open in the fridge/freezer and it absorbs the odor. Try it, I am not sure how it works though. Things here are good too.  We are enjoying life with little Oliver. He is really a joy. It is like having a baby around all the time. He is a great lap dog and cries when I go away. Nothing like unconditional love is there? Give Grace a birthday kiss from us! Hope She enjoys her day! Hugs, Chris

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 9/22/08 3:31 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Dear Jen:

I am so happy that the hurricane came and gone with almost no damages... I am also happy to know that your beautiful family is having a normal peaceful life. My congratulations for your husband and Grace...

I don't know if you have something called activated coal... is a kind of coal used sometimes in aquarium filters and it is a wonderful resource to avoid and absorve bad oddors...

Hugs

Alex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 154 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 590 views