My life

Teresa W.
on 10/20/08 10:51 am - Green River, WY

Hello Friends!

I guess I don't post much as my life is rather routine.  Up, off to work, give the man(LOL)8 hours and home to where I really live and love to be.  I forget that those are the bits of info that bring us together.  So here goes a bit of mundane chatter from me.
I am a public health nurse.  This is a busy time of the year as we give flu shots.  Yes, I do believe in them, have had one every year for longer than I can remember and have not suffered with the flu. 
I did outlying clinics in our area today.  I drove a total of 85 miles to give 16 flu shots!!!  Lots of driving and lots of time for so few shots.  It is important to make sure the opportunity exists for the smaller communities to access preventative medicine. 
(Just to give you an idea of how far apart everything is here:  The area I live in has about 30,000 people in two towns, 12 miles apart.  The next town to the west with a population over 25 is 100 miles, to the east 120 miles.  Nothing but open spaces and oil and gas development.  Oh, and sage brush!) 

SO, I recommend everyone that is able, get a flu shot this year!

Teresa
5'8", 357 (Start)/214!!!!!(Current)/ 180? (Goal)  
 A 143 pound change!!

estefani
on 10/20/08 2:08 pm - Grand Island, NE
Boy that sounds great!!! Can I move in with you? I would absolutely love that kind of life...no neighbors :) I am glad you are doing well, I too believe in the flu shot and have had one forever also!! Keep up the good work!
 Steph
toleary
on 10/21/08 4:41 pm - AZ
OK SO YOU WOULDN'T THINK AFTER ALL THE SURGERY THAT i HAVE HAD i HATE SHOTS.....

BUT I DO ....

HAVE A GREAT WEEK

TORI
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 10:50 pm - Eau Claire, WI
That's Awesome!!! I use to want to be a public health nurse! haha, now I want to be an OR nurse, one more year to go! :-) I got the flu shot last year, it made me sick! I think I'm going to pass this year? Or maybe I'll try it one more time and that was just a fluke, I don't know!!! Can I give it to myself? My favorite part of nursing school is giving shots, is that wrong? hehe  :-)
Jen Jen J.
on 10/23/08 4:11 am - Houston, TX
Already got mine!  Did you know that the unborn baby is also protected once they are outside the womb, when a mother gets the flu shot during pregnancy?  I am sure you did.

I was very please since Baby H will be born smack in the middle of flu season and will not be old enough for one until next summer.

I am taking the kids next week for theirs.

God Bless! Jen 
Mark 9:37a
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 10/24/08 9:26 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Your life sounds wonderful to me... I had my flu shot last year... I hope to have one this year too...

Enjoy your life

Alex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 154 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 590 views