Well here's to my life :)

estefani
on 10/20/08 2:17 pm - Grand Island, NE
Ok, to carry on with what Teresa posted, I decided to write a little about my mundane life as well.

I have been working as a telemetry monitor tech....I watch sick hearts on computer screens....anyhow, work is sometimes slow and corporate decided to cut back hours, so I decided to take the bull by the horns and applied for a correctional officer position back home in Alaska. I am hoping that I get through the interview process and get to go back up for all the testing, that in itself would be a huge accomplishment for me. My sister is totally pulling for me since she is already a corrections officer up there. I am hoping that I hear something soon for my phone interview. I guess we will see what happens. I figured if I did nothing I would never know right? And as I see it, the economy is not good for anyone, and it is only getting worse, so making almost 20 an hour is a good thing since they need so many for that line of work. Staying here I am afraid that we will eventually lose everything and that is not something that I want to happen. So I took the initiative to look elsewhere, even moving is ok with me as long as I know my babies are first and foremost taken care of! So this is a snipit into my mundane life and I hope this message finds you all well!! Take care everyone.
 Hugs,
 Steph
Teresa W.
on 10/21/08 10:20 am - Green River, WY

Steph,
Good luck with the job process.  As times get worse, corrections will need the help!  I have watched the show "Locked up" on MSNBC on our cable.  The prisons in Alaska are located in beautiful settings.  The show said the prisoners in Alaska seem to be a calmer bunch due to the surroundings.  I will hope that is true for you!
I have spent a few weekends partying in Grand Island in my youth.  Remember it as a good time.  Spent a few years north in Yankton, SD.  Lots of fun had there and in NE right over the boarder.

Teresa
5'8", 357 (Start)/214!!!!!(Current)/ 180? (Goal)  
 A 143 pound change!!

toleary
on 10/21/08 4:46 pm - AZ

SOUNDS INTERESTING.....

TORI
estefani
on 10/22/08 10:29 am - Grand Island, NE
It is pretty interesting most days...then we have the days where we lose someone, that isn't so fun, but it does come with the territory of working with those with very sick hearts. I love my job but I am ready to go back home after 3 years of being away......hmmmmm
 Steph
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 10:52 pm - Eau Claire, WI

Sounds like it would be a really interesting change! Best of luck to you!

estefani
on 10/22/08 10:31 am - Grand Island, NE
Thanks, all I can do is keep praying that things work out for us....I am just not looking forward to the drive back home if this does come to pass.....I am just going to take things one step at a time for now and wait and see what transpires. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you achieve all that you want in life :)
 Steph
Jen Jen J.
on 10/23/08 4:16 am - Houston, TX
HI Steph,

I hope it all works out for you.  What does hubby do?  Will he be able to transfer or find new work?

Alaska seems beautiful, I would not be able to stand the cold.  PA is too cold for me!

God Bless! Jen 
Mark 9:37a
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."

estefani
on 10/23/08 12:12 pm - Grand Island, NE
Alaska is very beautiful.....I guess the cold isn't much of a factor to me since there are no layoffs in the history of the state like here in "the lower 48". They need people there so badly to work and there aren't enough people to fill the jobs. The pay is more than double than most of the jobs here, and I guess growing up there the weather doesn't really bother me...lol. It is actually colder here most of the winter than it is there. My hubby is a machinist here and he has opportunity to do the same there or go back to his old job as a wharehouseman there, it is his choice, I would probably be much happier just being back home, since I have no one here except my hubby and kids and it gets tough being lonely. Thanks for the well wishes, I am praying that Gods plan has me going home, we will see what he has planned for me in his own good time :) Take good care of you and that baby on the way. Good luck to you and yours.
 Steph
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 10/24/08 9:29 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Alaska sounds pretty far for me... but home is home... my best wishes for your job process

Alex
estefani
on 10/24/08 6:14 pm - Grand Island, NE
Thanks Alex,
 I just pray that Gods answer for me is the same that I am wishing for :) It will help me get to Mexico faster....I would only have to put in 20 years to retire with full benefits. So we will see what Gods plan is for me. Good luck with all that you do!
 Steph
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 154 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 590 views