Winter blues Just venting

Nicole E.
on 12/9/08 5:47 am - Shamokin, PA
Hey everyone!  I got Jersey's pleading email and had to respond. 

The last year has been pretty good, ups and down here and there.  I have a great job for almost a year, which a great accomplishment for me!  With my father being sick for the last 7 years of his life with cancer, and me being the only child, he relied on me for all the day to day things.  Not that I minded, I valued every minute with my Dad but it really took a toll on what jobs I was able to work.  I work for AAA Midatlantic, the pay is great for the area, the people I work with are great, so can't complain there. 

Next subject...kids, I have 2 boys, 9 and 12 (and of month will be 13)  For those who have kids, did I say enough?  For those who don't, one minute you think you know them and they are sweet and innocent and the next minute, they leave me speechless thinking who are these pod creatures.  Love them, but whew they stress me! 

Next subject....money.  Like I said, me great job, steady.  Husband, works as a foreman for a modular home (read new version of mobile home, and I swear if you tell his boss I wrote that i'll deny it!) builder.  Well, we all know what is happening with the economy right now and the housing market(read this as my husband is working only 2 days a week)  which leads me to next subject........Housing:

When my dad got sick and my Gram was starting not to see so great we bought this great old victorian, six bedrooms, great house!  But here is the thing, my dad passed away and my Gram's vision got so bad we couldn't leave her alone.  So she moved to Erie withmy Aunt :(  we miss her, but we know she is taken care of.  That leaves me with a BIG house when I only need one big enough for 4 people.  AND A big HEAT BILL!  So we had signs out and had the house under contract, but it fell through for MOLD in the basement.  What there was was about 3 inches square non toxic (we had it tested) mold in 3 seperate parts of the basement.  So we got that all cleaned up, but DH has to paint it all.  Now we have to go through the whole process again, which mean keeping two ds's from destroying the house!  GRR!

Last subject..(I swear)  I have severe issues with my weight.  Don't get mad or offended, I don't want anyone to feel bad by what I am writing, like I said I have issues.  I am 5'2 and now back up to 127-128 from 115 right after my tummy tuck.  There for a while I was very steady at 122 and loved it.  I hate the extra weight!  I keep telling my husband that I am wearing my fat pants, and they are a 6!  Hello I used to be a tight 24!  I know this is wrong, but I feel fat and well, unattractive.   I know it doesn't sound like alot, but being short, it makes a big diff in the fit of the pants.  The only good part is that I can now fill out the bra's a little better :) 

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else is having the same issues,  not just with weight, but kids, life, money!  I know this is our gastric message board, bur I think we all need a whole life board sometimes  :) 

Nik
Ladybugmom
on 12/9/08 8:08 am - Lockport, NY
Sounds like you are living life to it's fullest! It is good to see what everyone is up too. Enjoy your holidays!
Hugs, Chris

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Jersey
on 12/9/08 10:43 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Nik!

Thanks so much for posting.  I am so, so happy to hear how everyone is doing!!

I am not sure what you meant by anyone feeling bad about what you are writing.  Whether you gained 5 lbs or 50, it all hurts and it all feels a bit like failure, right?

And...yes!  I am right there with you.  My son is an angel one day, son of satan the next.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  And money issues?  Phew...don't get me started...

I think my biggest issue right now is being a married "single" Mom.  My hyper-ambitious husband (not a bad thing...especially in this economy) works about 80 hours a week.  So taking care of the house, the high-maintenance dog and my Jekyll and Hyde son, in addition to working 50 hours, myself, in a stressful job and taking care of 99% of the household chores is taking its toll on me.

I guess that toll plus feeling like a WLS failure is what made me run back to this board.  I am SO glad that you guys answered my plea!  I am so grateful!

So here's to re-committing to a healthy lifestyle!! 

Love and hugs and a very happy holiday!!

Jersey
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
toleary
on 12/10/08 3:35 pm - AZ
I am sure everything will work out.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK

TORI
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 12/14/08 3:25 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hey Niky!!!

I know for self experience that life is not at all easy... After my surgery I thought that my biggest problem was about to be resolved and Suprise!!! weight wasn't at all my biggest problem. Life is hard and we are able to take it by its horns. You are doing well, your issues with weight are really hard, but we have shown to ourselves that we are able to control it... it is time to get strength and get the problem in our hands...

You can do it Nicole!!! my best wishes for you

Alex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 589 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 587 views