So I guess the honeymoon is over.....

estefani
on 12/9/08 5:24 pm - Grand Island, NE
Well I guess we are all in the phase of our journey that we were warned about. Not unlike those little children that rear their ugly little heads on us once in a while and with no warning, we are here. So what did we do the first time we were gaining our pounds so many years ago? I don't know about you all but I ignored the fact that it was happening and indulged more in food to help ease the pain of depression.....the thing about this time....I recognize the fact that I am gaining and need to do something about it. I am right in the middle of another huge step in life that will take me back to Alaska to the roots that I need. Moving the family half way across the country again should help me put things into perspective right? LOL I wish that were true. Anyway..I guess the point to my ramblings is this: I recognize the fact that there is a problem this time and so do the rest of us, what did we do right after surgery? Live on liquids for a few weeks, protein shakes, measure everything and count our proteins, we have to do that again if it worked the first time, right? I know that I am going to start running.....ok ok well I am going to work up to it anyway. I have a physical fitness test that I have to pass and it involves running 1 1/2 miles in less that 15 mins and 20 sec. So I have no choice this time, if I want to move back home and work as a CO then I have to do what it takes to get me there. I hope that we all stay fast on our tracks, and support is going to be huge!!! Love you all, sorry to ramble.
 Steph
*~*Jaci *.
on 12/10/08 11:11 am - Central Valley, CA
Good luck with the move!

*~*Jaci*~*

The more things the change, the more they're still the same.

Jersey
on 12/11/08 4:29 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Steph:

Yep...getting back to the basics is what we have to do!  That is my plan for the new year.  I SHOULD start right now but that would be setting myself up for failure...so I am setting a realistic goal.  I just have to try to maintain during the rest of the year and not gain.  Won't be easy...I am eating anything and everything!

I wish you all the luck in the world with both your movie and your fitness test.

Where in Alaska are you moving? 

Good luck again and happy holidays!!

JM
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
estefani
on 12/11/08 5:45 pm - Grand Island, NE
Well I am from Anchorage, but this job is going to start me about 3 hours south in a town called Kenai. It is a beautiful part of Alaska on the Kenai penninsula and is only about 20 miles or so from my parents cabin where they stay all summer. I am looking forward to it. I am just praying that all works out and my house here sells rather quickly!! Good luck with all your goals, I know the feeling of eating whatever is in sight lately!!!
 Steph
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 12/14/08 3:32 am - Zapopan, Mexico
You know Steph???

Time ago I was describing all my issues about depression and I always asked to myself if I was the only one suffering of deep depresion.

I am out of it. It was a process as hard as losing weight but I have found light after the big dark hole I was living in.

I wish you will find yourself out of depression too. It is much easier to keep on track when you and your body and your mind are in harmony.

Love you a lot girl

Alex
estefani
on 12/14/08 4:40 am - Grand Island, NE
Hi there Alex, 
   I know what you mean. I am finally trying to get all this in order and have a good perspective on life at the moment. I am doing all I can to help take care of the family. Anymore though it seems harder and harder where we are and the economy and all. I am praying that all will be well soon with the job and moving back home. Take good care of yourself Alex, miss you lots.
 Steph
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 589 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 587 views