Checking In & Update

Ms T.
on 12/17/08 12:21 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Hello all,

I have wanting to post since receiving Jersey's email last week.  At the time I was in New Orleans leading a conference and it was pretty crazy.  It really helped me, though, as I was feeling fat being in front of everyone up 15 pounds from the last time I saw most of these people.  I, too, have gained weight back and like the others who have had the LBL, I feel very uncomfortable.  My eating is not too off base but I have indulged in more fatty types of foods.  Carbs dont interest me but a thick layer of LF cream cheese - whoa!!  And wine, I have greatly reduced my consumption for more reasons than calories but it still empty calories I indulge in a few times a week.

My clothes are tight, I had to buy another pair of jeans a size larger and my winter coat was just uncomfortable enough that I had to buy one as well.  This has really pissed me off and helped turn around my behavior.

My greatest challenge has been exercise.  Working from home has built up a very sedentary lifestyle which I am working to change.  My birthday was a few weeks ago and one of my gifts to myself was a membership to a new gym - and it is really cool.  It is all personal trainers, you show up whenever and they put you through a fun routine.  I am feeling muscles I never knew existed.  Rather than wait until the New Year I decided to start now, introduce some healthier behaviours and hit 2009 running.  

I also have the opportunity to truly reinvent myself as on Monday I was 'made redundant' and am in my second day of being unemployed.  Having had a job every day since I was 16 it is a bit of a shock but kinda nice at the same time.  I was not happy with what I was doing and have been actively seeking new endeavors for 6 months now.  Fortunately the phone has been ringing and some opportunities are surfacing so I am optimistic.  Also, my term as President of the association I have led for 3 years has also come to a close so it is kinda like I 'lost' 2 jobs in the course of a week.  My life is taking new dimensions and I am eager to embrace the changes and make it positive for myself.

All of you are in my thoughts and knowing you are out there gives me strength when I am faced with choices and have insecurities about my weight.  Happy Holidays to all!!!  xoxo
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 12/18/08 9:37 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hi Tiff!!!

I really love your attitude in front of your challenges... You are a very successful woman and I am sure you will get what ever you are looking for.

It really amazes me your eagerness to change the bad habits starting now!!! and not posponing the changes to other times.

Alex
Ladybugmom
on 12/21/08 8:06 am - Lockport, NY
Hi Tiff, sorry I have not replied...(I thought I did) I must of had a brain fart! Sorry to hear about your job and hope things get better. But in the mean time enjoy being off for awhile (if you can afford too) I think of you often and hope you have a great holiday!
Hugs, Chris

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Jersey
on 12/23/08 2:32 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Tiff!

I, too, apologize for not responding sooner.  I was in training and then was away...

I know you have been a consistent face on this board and I am hoping you will continue to be!  I personally need your support and your optimistic personality!!

I look forward to gaining control with you in the new year...we CAN get back to our "fighting weights"!  I hope that 2009 brings you everything you hope for!

Happy holidays, girl!!

Jersey
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 589 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 587 views