Update & Coming Back With a Vengeance!

NTR555
on 12/30/08 6:54 am - SYLMAR, CA

Hello all!

Well it has been a tough year!  I have been virtually away from the boards for over 1 year now.  I found out I was pregnant December 2007.  During those coming months I began to suffer greatly from Reactive Hypoglycemia.  I was having to eat every 2 hours for the first few months. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was just trying to stay alive.  I was eating every 1 hour or 1/2 hour.  My blood sugar was so out of control I would be to the point of passing out. I was hospitalized 2 times for observation because the OB and the Endocrinologist were worried I was going to not make it.  My sugar would be so low it was so hard to even stay awake at times.  I also have a 4 year old boy and I remember one time my blood sugar dropped so low he was smaking me in the face saying mommy wake up, please wake up.  I did and checked my blood sugar and it was 41.  I truly think that he saved me from going into a coma.  It is a complication from the RNY surgery according to my doctors and it is also called late dumping sydrome.  It is kind of like dumping syndrome but more severe.  I still suffer with it but I need to get on the ball. 

With all said and done I had a beautiful baby boy to term on July 31, 2008 with a planned c-section.  He was 19" long and weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz.    With all the happiness I feel I am also really depressed. I am suffering with Post Partum Depression.  To add to my depression is that I have gained 30 lbs. from my lowest weight.  I am not exercising, I am not eating right, and I am not taking my vitamins.   It is sad to say but sometimes I feel like I don't care.  I need to care because I have 3 reasons to care.  My babies and my husband.  I am making my New Years Resolutions as follows:

-I will join in the Monday Morning Weigh In
-I will make a point of exercising at least 3 times a week.
-I will watch what I eat.
-I will come to this board to have the support and provide the support that has always been available.
-I will care about myself so that I can care for those I love.
-I will check my blood sugar often and follow my dieticians recommendations.
-I will find a local support group and make a point of attending.

Jersey Mom thanks for inspiring me to come back and thanks for the beautiful Christmas card.
Jen Jen -What can I say...Thanks for helping me through my pregnancy and providing much needed input.  Thanks to all the January 06 board.  You guys have always helped me through tough times.  I hope I can provide the support you need too and not jump ship like I have in the past.  I also look forward to getting up to speed on what everyone has been going through.

Love

~Norma

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 12/31/08 2:03 am - Zapopan, Mexico
I am aghast reading all the mayhaim you had to go through in the las year. I hope your baby boy is well and healthy. I am happy that you are here again and telling us your story. Welcome back

Alex
Kristi D.
on 12/31/08 2:28 am - Somewhere, TN
Congrats on the baby and Im sorry to hear about the depression. So far I have not had to deal with that and I hope I dont have to. I hear it is awful. As for the low blood sugar, I feel your pain. I developed it 2 years ago and it was worse while I was pregnant also. Very scary stuff!

If you need anything, let me know. Im with you on getting back on track and joining the board as often as I can.

Kristi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-op weight: 317
Doctors goal weight: 180
Lowest weight/ post op: 167
Current weight: 188
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jersey
on 1/1/09 3:50 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Norma!

Welcome back!!  First of all, congratulations on your baby!  What a blessing! 

Most of us have been struggling so I am hoping we can all come together for some much needed support in 2009.  Sarting Monday, I am going to try my best to visit the board every day.  I need you guys!!

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from hypoglycemia and also from PPD.  I experienced PPD after the birth of my son and, I have to say, if you don't experience it first hand, it is almost impossible to understand.  Everyone kept telling me how happy I should be with my son...but all I wanted to do was disappear.  It was the closest I ever felt to suicide...so I hope that you are getting help with that.  I went on Wellbutrin during that time and I honestly believe it saved my life.  Please don't be afraid/embarrassed to talk to your doctor about it if you haven't already.

Again, I am so happy that you have come back to the board!!  Have a wonderful 2009!

Jersey Mom
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
*~*Jaci *.
on 1/4/09 2:47 am - Central Valley, CA
Hey Norma!!!!  I've been dealing with the hypoglycemia as well...booooo.  But by eating correctly, I'm starting to control it better.

Jersey is a great ring leader and I'll be back over as well!

Congrats on your new baby!

*~*Jaci*~*

The more things the change, the more they're still the same.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 589 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 587 views