Happy 4 Year Surgiversary

Ms T.
on 1/7/10 1:09 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
Hello to all!  

It is hard to believe it has been 4 sinec since we all bonded as our lives changed.  I am glad so many have transitioned over to Facebook as I like keeping in touch.

So how are you doing 4 years out?  Me, I am +25 from my lowest weight.  Eat well, probably not enough protein and have a low exercise program.  I am working to change that with wii Fit.  By summer I plan to have off those 25 lbs and wear the cute outfits I bought.

After a year of unemployment I am doing some consulting work - not much money yet but I foresee good things.  I am also teaching a class 

Please leave a post about how you are doing.....

<>

~Tiff 
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/7/10 4:09 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hey Tiff!!!!

We had the same idea almost at the same time visiting the board to check out for our peers...

I'm doing really good. I am 15 lbs over my lowest but I am not sure I want to loose them again. I felt really bad being so thin. I was totally out of energy and feeling deasy all the time. At this weight my body feels much more confortable although, I must confess, my eye and mind prefers a slimmer body. I am really happy that I can buy clothes anywhere, I can fit in all the available chairs, I can live without sweat over my face all the time, feeling healthy and valuable...

My family and I are living a peaceful life here in Jilotepec Mexico. I am full of work thanks God and the horizon for this year is really promising.

I love you all for all the support received when my life started to change four years ago. I have had sort of comunication with some of you through facebook, but it never compares with the feeling of "home" this board used to be...

Missing you a lot...

Alex
Ms T.
on 1/7/10 8:34 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
Hey team,

I have heard from some they they dont feel adequate or that they have not achieved enough to be here.  HOG WASH!  We are all loving wonderful people who are here to share our successes and challenges. There is no judging, we all went through the same thing and as our bodies and personalities are unique, so are our results.  Further success comes from our bonding, support and friendship of each other.

So PLEASE post how you are doing and your state of mind, being and life.  We are here to support and love each other.  No judgement allowed or involved!!!

xoxoxo to ALL

Tiff

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/11/10 8:44 am - Zapopan, Mexico
very well said Tiff!!!

Alex
Jen Jen J.
on 1/7/10 12:31 pm - Houston, TX
Hey Tiff!

I was just coming to post a happy 4 year to all.

Congrats on the consulting and teaching.  I looked your class up at the NYU sight.  Sounds like fun!

My weight is up by about 60 pounds from my lowest.  I have had two babies and adopted two babies since having surgey.

I cannot blame all my regain on the babies ... probably 40 pounds from the pregnancies and 20 pounds b/c I eat like crap.  I am dreading going to see my surgeon.  I am home 95% of the time and am not active at all!  I need to start eating better and get walking with the kids! 

I started home schooling my 3 big kids this fall.  They are all in kindergarten.  The two girls are reading pretty good, and my 4 1/2 you son is right behind them.

We are in the starting phase of reactivating our adoption license ... we would like to adopt another child or two.

God Bless You All!!!!

God Bless! Jen 
Mark 9:37a
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."

*~*Jaci *.
on 1/10/10 7:37 pm - Central Valley, CA
Wow, you are amazing!

*~*Jaci*~*

The more things the change, the more they're still the same.

Jersey
on 1/9/10 6:28 am - Northern, NJ
Happy 4-Year, Everyone!

Wow...what a ride it has been, right?  Well, this past summer, I finally got down to my goal weight (actually, below goal...157...because I had gastroenteritis...but, still, I'll take it!).  But I found it surprisingly easy to keep off...not sure why.  I hovered around 160-162 and was very happy there.

But, theeeeen...I got pregnant. :)  It was planned and now I am quite sure that I am certifiably insane!!  Jersey Kid just turned 5...work is still hyper-stressful for me (plus I took on a part-time Secret Shopper job) and my husband works 60+ hours a week so, SURE, let's add another kid!!

I think I am around 170 now.  I refuse to look at the scale because it is, unfortunately, emotionally difficult for me to deal with the weight gain.  I am starting to show and, while people are saying that I am gaining "baby" I still feel like my ass is getting HUGE!   Plus, I have been eating like a pig...I need to rein that in and fast!

Tiff...how do you like Wii Fit?  I am "thisclose" to buying it.  I am on a tight budget but I want to try to save for it because I have heard great things about it.  My sister bought us a Wii for Christmas (NO clue why...none of us are gamers) but now at least I can consider the Fit Plus.

I truly think of you guys a lot and I miss the love and support that I found here.  I NEVER would have made it this far without you and I am so thankful for the presence you all were in my life (and continue to be!).

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed New Year! 

All my love and hugs,
Jersey Mom-to-Be (again)
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
Ms T.
on 1/10/10 4:40 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Hi Jersey!  And to all who have posted or lurked!!

Congratulations on the pregnancy!  I am very excited for you and your family.  And you only have 4 more to go to keep up with Jenn......

To answer your question, I love wii fit.  It is very interactive and is a lot like having a personal trainer.  I play it with a 7 year old who shows me what the second and third levels look like.    I realized how stiff I felt.  I think it was worth the $300 investment and we get lots of family time together playing all the games both on play and fit.

I have also looked into that secret shopper stuff around here.

I will be in NYC for 10 days late February, if you are headed towards the city we'll have to meet up.

<>

Jersey
on 1/10/10 9:37 am - Northern, NJ
I am not aspring to keep up with Jen!!  No way, no how.  I have said a thousand times over that I have NO IDEA how she does it!  I struggle with one and I have no idea how I will manage two.  I just...will.  But then I am done.  Finished!  Kaput!  :)

Thanks for the Fit review...definitely saving up for it!  I need to do SOMETHING!  I am so tired all of the time!

I do Secret Shopper work with a bank in my area...I was SO LUCKY to get this job.  It is a pain in the butt at times but I will never complain about it.  It has helped tremendously!

Contact me through FB about your trip...I will see what my life is like at that time.  My hell time begins at work this week and lasts until May. :(  I will have to see how it goes.  What are you doing in NYC?
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/12/10 2:16 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Very nice news about your pregnance Jersey!!!

We all have had such a journey since we got our WLS...!!!

Have a wonderful time enjoying the pregnancy... by the way... it is usual to ask here in Mexico: what would you like a baby boy or a baby girl???

Alex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 589 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 587 views