Hello and It's my Surgiversity

Kristi H.
on 1/5/11 1:26 am - wildomar, CA
 I haven't been on this site in a long time.  Partly because I felt bad that I had reached my goal and felt I was a source of hurt for those who are still struggling.

But I was asked to check in and so I will today.  I will give an update on my 5 years.  I started out at 264 the day of my surgery.  At one year I was down to 138 and sat at a size in between an 8 and a 10.  A few months ago, partly because I was going through a very bad time in my life, I used my tool again and dropped a few more pounds so shopping was easier.  So now I wear size 8 jeans, they are real loose, and actually fit in size 6.  I found jeggins and skinny jeans a week ago and they solved the problem of comfort, so I am wearing size 6 or small.

There are days I still eat too much and feel sick.  I still do not eat sugar at all.  I have not used protein drinks for along time now, the chance of drinking calories is too hi and I don't get full on them.  I can easily eat the protein I need.  I take double the vitamins I need each day, including biotin.  I still have trouble with hair loss, so I make sure I take the vitamins, as it is malnutrition that is now causing this.

I did have another bleeding ulcer, but it probably was brought about by a very traumatic event, as it happened with in 3 days of this.  It healed on it's own, after a few days in ICU.

I still would change nothing about the surgery, ever.  It has changed my life.  I do feel good about myself and can do things I could never do before.  I did have to change my brain, that didn't happen in surgery.  I did have to decide I never want to be fat again, so I use my tool every day.  I would suggest this to anyone who asks.

I hope you are all well these days.  Happy anniversary this month to all.

264/134/150/138
pre/now/Dr.G/My Goal
AT GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
BB!!

18 years out and still at a weight I love.

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/5/11 3:03 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Kristy!!!
As I said in my post, life is not easier afte surgery... I am glad to know that you are doing well mataining your weiht.

Sincere Hugs

Alex
wendylm
on 1/6/11 2:18 am - Benton, AR
I am so proud of you!!  I never got to goal but was very close and happy about it.  I have now gained about 40 lbs back.  What do you mean, use my tool?  What am I doing wrong?  Best Wishes and keep up the good work!!
Kristi H.
on 1/11/11 11:58 am - wildomar, CA
 Tool, your small stomach and if you still dump.  The old term to go back to basics in a way.  Small meals with no sugar and low fat.  High protein foods.  Count your calories at the start of the day.  I plan myt days food or at least have an idea of what I can eat for the day as far as calories go.  I am able to keep a running count in my head now, but if you need to, write it down.  I stay around 1000 calories a day still.

There are tricks too.  If you like peanut butter, still eat it, but just put enough on the bread for taste and then add non fat cream cheese, same texture, only 35 calories per serving.  Use the 45 calorie bread from Saralee.  If you want a treat, make sugar free cakes in the very small muffin tins.  Freeze them and take out one a day as your treat.

You might have to go hungry at first, your stomach can stretch out over time, but it can also get smaller too.  

Oh and potatoes are your friends!  A baked potato with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, you can put as much as you want on it and it adds no calories.  Or use non or low fat cottage cheese.  Or you can get Wendy's chili and put that on it too.  It will keep you full for a long time.

Watch drinking calories.  I drink only diet 7up and coffee with splenda a little cream.  I also get the no sugar added chocolate powder from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shop.  I don't usually drink protein drinks, although I have been adding a little of the Muscle Milk lite powder to my coffee lately, had some problems with hairloss and am hoping it will help.  But I add it to my calorie count.

I also have to make sure I only put what I should eat on my plate and not rely on my stomach to tell me to stop eating.  If I don't pay attention, I eat too much and either get sick or stretch my stomach out, which I did over the holidays some how.  Now I am working on that, which means I am hungry right now and am waiting to eat for awhile.  Sucks but will pay off in a few days.

I hope this helps.
Thanks everyone!

264/134/150/138
pre/now/Dr.G/My Goal
AT GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
BB!!

18 years out and still at a weight I love.

Ms T.
on 1/10/11 11:54 pm - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Hi Kristi,

I am so glad to see that you posted on your surgiversary, I am about to do the same.  Kudos to you for all you have achieved.  I am glad we continue to keep in touch on facebook as well.  

Big hugs,

~Tif
toleary
on 1/11/11 10:39 am - AZ

Glad you are still doing so well......

CONGRATS ON THE BEST DECISION EVER

TORI

Dawn
on 5/13/11 10:59 pm - Salem, IL
Hi, I am wondering if we have met before. I went to Wildomae elementry until 1982. Any chance?

Ladybugmom
on 1/12/11 5:15 am - Lockport, NY
 Kristi I am glad things are going well with you now! I hope you never feel like you hurt people by being successful! I know for me that i am accountable for my own success and failures. Keep up the good work!
Chris 

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 588 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 586 views