Getting everything ready

Bonaby
on 9/14/07 1:25 am - Flatwoods, KY
If everyone is like me, you'll be in great shape by surgery. Besides all of the mandatory tests, I noticed knee pain, burning etc. when I tried to excercise. I had it checked out and ended up having arthroscopic surgery (it was much worse than expected.) Preparing for this life changing journey really makes you pay attention to your whole body. I really look forward to being healthy and thinner. Time is passing quickly but I am grateful for the(6 mo. wait) time to fully prepare for this adventure. Has anyone else found problems they did not know about while doing testing and excercise?
WLYB
on 10/21/07 1:06 am - Gainesville, VA
RNY on 01/07/08 with
Hi, I was originally scheduled for WLS on November 5, 2007; however, a number of health related issues were diagnosed during testing which have to be cleared up before surgery. My date has now been pushed to January 7, 2008. After yearly physicals with my doctor and for work, I'm a little put off that these issues are just now being uncovered, :mad: but I suppose it is all for the best. I too share problems with exercise unrelated to the issues found in testing, but x-rays confirmed suspected OA in my knees in addition to RA, which I already receive treatment. I'm looking forward to being able to exercise again without as much pain.
Sweet Peaches
on 10/29/07 1:41 pm - Memphis, TN
Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on your surgery dates. I too uncovered a problem; I am anemic for the millionth time. I had been anemic before but got my levels back to normal. For some reason, my levels are low again. My original date was November 5th but was postponed until January 14th, 14 days before my birthday. I was upset at first but knowing my God, He more than likely said "not yet". So, to find out why I keep becoming anemic, I have to see a hematologist on Friday. I see iron infusions in my near future. Well good luck and have a happy and fun journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views