Having Gastric Bypass on January 9th!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/07 11:26 am - Canada
Hi Everyone, I discovered this website and forum just today. I started the process to have gastric bypass surgery a longgg time ago. I'm from Canada and will be having surgery in the US, and my date was recently set for January 9th. On boxing day, I start a two week pre-op liquid diet of Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added type) and protein powder. I will also be allowed other sugar free/caffeine free drinks, and jello. I will also remain on the same liquid diet for two weeks POST-op, so I'll be having nothing but Instant Breakfast for a month (not like I'll feel much like eating after surgery, anyway). Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself; I'd like to stay around! Shannon
Toni Ocean
on 12/23/07 12:59 pm - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
congrats on your surgery date, shannon. it's so exciting! i hope the whole thing goes well for you...the procedure and the travel. toni
Nubianlilly
on 12/26/07 2:23 am - PA
Hi Shannon, I'm having the same surgery the same day. I am on a self imposed 2 week liquid diet. I was told that I had to do only liquids 7 days, but I want her to know that i'm ready for this change. where are you located? We can be surgery buddies. I am so ready for this, I don't know what to do with myself. With Chistmas and New Years and so much time off of work, it's going SOOOOOOOOO fast!!!!! Next Wednesday is really it before the home stretch. Good luck on the liquids!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/07 3:33 am - Canada
Wow-self imposed 2 week liquid diet - good for you! I started the liquid diet today and am feeling pretty hungry. I'm sure that it will get easier in a couple of days! I'm having my surgery in Duluth, MN. Where are you located?
Nubianlilly
on 12/26/07 5:33 am - PA
I'm just outside of Philly. My surgery is happening at Barix in Langhorne. Are you on full or clear liquids until the surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/07 5:40 am - Canada
I'm not sure what the difference is between full or clear liquids! I have to have Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added) plus 40 gr of protein. I can have decaf coffee/tea, sugar free jello and popsicles, crystal light, etc. I cheated today and had a slice of cheese, which shouldn't be a big deal. I'm not feeling hungry, but I eat sporadically as it is (I've got two girls aged 2 and 4 who keep me busy). I'm sure the emotional lack of eating will kick in soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 652 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 903 views