My surgery is Jan 24 07

sinday0203
on 12/28/07 1:11 am - Havelock, NC
Hello Everyone, My name is Cindy and I am scheduled to have my gastric bypass surgery on January 24, 2008. I am very excited to have it, I feel it is time I make a change and take control of the one chance I will get to begin a healthy lifestyle. I'm 43 years old and my current weight is 311. Im a little scared about the surgery but the good outweighs the bad. I would love to hear from anyone who has had this surgery so I know what I am in for, whether good or not so good. I've been reading and looking up all the information I can on this...but I would really like to hear from someone who has had it done first hand. Thank you...Cindy
Kelly1
on 12/28/07 6:30 am - Pinson, AL
My surgery was Nov 12. I won't lie the first week after surgery is not a easy but it will pass. I am learning to leave with my new lifestyle and life is fine. I have already lost 35 ibs.. Would I do it again YES!!!!!!!!. The most important thing I can tell you is to get up and walk ALOTE after surgery!! If you do not the gas builds up and REALLY HURTS!!!! I would be happy to answer any questions on what I know of it. Just let me know what you want to know.
Simply ME!
on 12/29/07 2:04 am - Las Cruces, NM
My surgery date is January 23,2008 so we will be surgery buddies>>>Denise
Robin H.
on 12/30/07 11:31 am - Boise, ID
YAY for you!!!! Mine is the 29th!!!!! (my 22 birthday is the same day : -o) you are going to go GREAT!!!!!
Anna Bryant
on 12/31/07 9:01 am - Roanoke, VA
Hi there Cindy, my surgery was on Jan 24, 2007. I am also 43. I can also tell you that the first week is tough but definitely doable. Best advice is to use those meds they give you and get up and walk as soon as possible. I walked the evening of my surgery. I think I had more pain in my back than anything else...in fact almost a year later that is what I remember most. I took off 5 weeks from work but really could of went back after 2. So I really enjoyed a vacation. I was out walking as soon as I felt up to it and it really helped in the healing process. Start getting as much protien in as possible now and start taking your supplements. That will help prepare your body. Being that we have the same date I would love to be your angle if you haven't already got one. Please let me know what you think. Please do not feel bad if you don't want to do that it will not hurt my feelings. I just so want to give back what I have gained...rrrr...lost..lol. Please feel free to pm me. Anna
sinday0203
on 1/2/08 1:36 am - Havelock, NC
Hi Anna, Thank you so much for writing me. Congratulations on your decision to do this. It has taken me some time but I decided it will be the best thing for me. I have heard from a few people that moving around after surgery is the best thing to do to help in the healing process, so believe me I plan in moving! I started my supplements and my protiens, I really want to do this right. How have you done so far? What was your starting weight? what is your diest now? Im sorry about all the questions...I just want to know everything so I can convince my family that everything will be ok...I believe it will be but they are just worried and I want to reassure them. I would also love for you to be my Angel...although I have to admit, Im not really sure what that is...so you will have to fill me in. Well keep intouch and again Thank you for your response...Cindy
cheawoolfolk
on 1/1/08 11:29 am - louisville, KY
Hi!!! mine is the 22nd of Jan. We are going to be surgery buddies...Cant wait til we are both on the losers side.!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views