help! pre-op liquid diet is icky

Toni Ocean
on 12/30/07 1:52 am - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
the doc had me sign a contract to lose 20 lbs before surgery on 1/15. he strongly recommends using medifast (tm) or something similar. calorie-wise, i'm doing great...less than 800 for the past two days. but i dislike ****an't stand!) the liquid protein. is there any reason it has to be liquid? if i can protein load to the same amount, is that good enough? i'd love feedback, suggestions, help.
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 3:14 am - Canada
I wish I could help; the liquid diet sucks so bad. I would advise against cheating - I did cheat and it made me feel so bad. Did I understand you right that you have to lose 20 lbs by January 15th? Good luck. I have actually gained weight on this diet. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, either, except maybe having too much broth.
Robin H.
on 12/30/07 11:21 am - Boise, ID
oh my goodness i know the feeling i was working to lose 30 pounds by the end of december (i started at the beginning) i did really well and then yay they moved my surgery to january and i only have 15 more to lose buy the 29th so i think (wait i KNOW) i can do it! as for liquid protein have you tried different brands? i really like the unjury powder. since its liquid diet you should totally stick to it but there are a ton of ways to change it up! Good luck! i know you can do it!!!
Toni Ocean
on 12/31/07 2:35 am - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
thanks for your help, robin! i'll give unjury a call to see about ordering some. i've been doctoring the stuff i use, and have found some reasonable adjustments: sugar free/fat free chocolate flavoring to add to the chocolate flavored shake. a little bit of sugar free/fat free pudding mix to make the shake creamier. i almost like it! lol and the best news of all...i weighed myself this morning, and i'm down 15 pounds from 12/21. i'm pretty psyched!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views