No liquid diet??

Teanne
on 12/31/07 8:28 am
I am having lap band sometime this month (Jan 08) and was told that I won't need the pre op liquid diet. Has anyone heard this? Maybe I misunderstood him or something. I hope I am right because the liquid diet sounds terrible prior to the surgery. Anyone else been told this? Teanne
Kathy W.
on 12/31/07 4:29 pm - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
I am having RNY but I don't have to do a liquid diet. As far as I know my doctor doesn't make anyone do it.
Ann A.
on 1/1/08 1:01 am - Penn Yan, NY
I had RNY on 12/11 and my doctor did not require the liquid diet either, just clear liquids the day before surgery. I think it just depends on your surgeon.
Toni Ocean
on 1/1/08 2:56 am - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
i'm having lap band on 1/15 and am on the liquid diet. the surgeon requires it because he wants my liver to shrink. he says that if it has shrunk a bit, my liver will be easier to move out of the way when he places the band. maybe you should call your doctor? the liquid diet is not fun, but i'm learning some things that are making it easier: boosting the flavor with sugar free/fat free syrup (like used in an espresso stand to flavor coffee), and thickening it with sugar free/fat free pudding powder. both of those help quite a lot. because of the high protein/low carb combo, the liquid diet is dynamite for kick starting weight loss! i've lost more than 10 pounds already and i've been on it for 5 days. good luck and keep in touch! toni
Acadia_
on 1/1/08 9:04 am
From what I understand, there are some surgeons who don't require this diet. You are one of the lucky ones, although I'm sure that if you decide to do it for your own reasons, it wouldn't be a problem!
BrookLayne
on 1/3/08 10:57 am - CA
I am having RNY on the 14th. I had my preop appointment with my surgeon yesterday. I have about 103 lbs to get to my goal and she said that because I am on the smaller side (bless her! LOL) that she doesnt require me to do the liquid diet. She only has some patients do it because they would benefit greatly from losing some weight before surgery, shrink the liver, etc. I am sure we all could benefit from losing some weight before surgery LOL But I am thankful I do not have to do it. I will do a liquid diet the day before along with a fleet prep kit to clean me out. Fun.
L.I.Mom3
on 1/4/08 2:16 am
I just got back from my pre-ops- No liquid diet here either-just liquid diet the day before.
cteddy
on 1/5/08 2:39 pm - Saranac Lake, NY
I am having the RNY on the 8th and don't have to do the liquid diet. Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views