Releasing all negative thoughts into space!!

TJ_1980
on 1/4/08 8:06 am - ft benning, GA
I am going into surgery monday, so a good friend(who has had this surgery) told me to post all of my fears and never mention or think about them again.This way I will go in with a clear head so here we go: Fear #1 and #2 I am going to die soon as they put me on the table. And my children will be motherless Fear #3 Some way or another he is going to start my surgery then cancel it. Fear#4 I will have a reaction to the anesthesia Fear# 5 I will get a leak, a clot, or worse Fear #6 I will get sick or have a really hard recovery Fear #7 Drug lords will burst in the OR and take it over like that episode of Nip Tuck! Fear #8 I am going to look really funny skinny. Fear #9 I am going to have a lot of saggy skin Fear #10 I am going to look my age once I lose all of the weight!( I have the round chubby baby face and I can still pass for 24!) Fear #11 Everyone who finds out I had this surgery will judge me And finally.... Fear #12 I am going to lose a lot of friends because someone says something negative about me having this surgery. Well that is it, I got it all out in the open and I really feel good about it. Because half of the list is just me freaking out over the unknown and things I cant control.This was a great idea!
Christine S.
on 1/4/08 8:29 am - long island, NY
I like # 7. Good luck with your surgery. I will be right behind you on the loser's bench. 1/16/08
Acadia_
on 1/4/08 10:37 am
That's a great idea, thanks for sharing it! Number 1 and 2 scare me, too. Best of luck!
grajuit
on 1/4/08 12:00 pm - folsom, CA
Thanks for being brave and sharing these thoughts with us. I do have a couple negative thoughts, but I know the good Lord is looking after me. Things are going to be fantastic! My surgery is scheduled for January 17th -- I am getting very excited as the days go by. Hang in there. Things are going to be great in 08
Kathy W.
on 1/5/08 6:44 pm - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
LOL @ #7. I have had a few surgerys so #1 doesn't really bother me. I do have a funny story to share tho. I was having surgery and they put me on the table. Keep in mind they doped me up pretty good by now just to relax me. Then they pulled out these arm things and I swear it was like what you see for lethal injections. All I could think about was that they were going to kill me instead off help. Luckily my mind started functioning again and told the drugged me to shut up and go to sleep for the nice people so they could operate.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 657 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 786 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 900 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 904 views