Slow weightloss

yvettetas
on 1/7/08 3:01 am
Its been 11 months. i had the RNY Gastric byepass on feb 1.2007 and i only lost 46lb. im so frustrated and depressed from this. i follow everything the dr. told me to do. i drink a gallon of water a day. i work out 6 days a week. an i told him i stay hungry, and i don't feel full at all after eating. i dont over eat , beacuse i measure my food intake. and still be hungry. my dr. prescribe me 2 months of diet pills. finally i drop 16 lb and thats all . that was 3 months ago. now i'm still at a stand still . im not loosing at all. is there any one else out here going threw what i am. i cant stop crying. the only thing what is good is that i dont have any dumping,and my hair is growing fast. from all the vitamins that i take. and that my skin is tight.
Acadia_
on 1/7/08 10:10 am
I don't know, sweetie. I'm sorry that you feel your progression has been slow. You've talked to your doctor about this? Maybe try posting your question on the main or RNY board, you'll probably get more hits and suggestions. Are you getting the right amounts of protein in? Good luck!
Stephanie B.
on 1/8/08 12:43 am - Chattanooga, TN
Hi Yvette: I found this posted on the WLS grad board. Good luck to you! There are some clinical trials currently enrolling for persons who have had gastric bypass and have either (1) not lost sufficient weight, or (2) gained back some weight over time. I fit in the second category, and am in the process of being assessed for enrollment in a study at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore (there are 10 sites current enrolling throughout the country). Check out this website: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00394212?recr=open&intr=%22gastric+bypass%22 There are other studies going on, as well as revision surgeries if you qualify with a high enough BMI. Go over to the "revision" message board on this site and you'll find several threads about them (StomaPhyx, Restore, eRose). I hope you find this information helpful.
yvettetas
on 1/21/08 6:36 am
thank you for the information
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 657 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 786 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 900 views
clogged