NC Medicad + 6 month diet

Chastity
on 1/7/08 1:26 am - Garner, NC
I have Medicaid and am wondering what info they need regarding the 6 month diet. Do they need monthy weigh-ins or what? I started my diet November but didn't have my weight checked at the doctor in December, but I did see my PCP. Thanks!!
Chastity
on 1/7/08 1:27 am - Garner, NC
I'm sorry, I think I've put this in the wrong place!
kystarlette1
on 1/8/08 9:48 am
Im in Ky but if it is the same,then you most definitely need to be weighed each month when you go in.I went through this and what they told me is that you have to have 6 mos. consecective documentation of you trying different weight loss tactics and the DR's notes noting specifically that you were there,what things are going on due to you being over weight and that you are trying and are or arent losing on your own....they(like all other insurance companies) are a stiffler on this so you will have to do exactly as they ask or they wont approve it.Make sure your doctor knows that you are going to see them for this purpose. I had to gather the medical records at the end of the six mos,go to a seminar,go to a previsit with the bariatric doctor,pay a hundred dollars to the hospital for the seminar,attend another one right before surgery,and then the doctor usually has to write a letter to them suggesting that you have the surgery of which they usually charge you a prep fee for.The whole process takes around a year to do.I know that seems like forever when you just want to get it and get done but its worth the wait and even if you had other insurance it would still be a similar procedure from what Ive seen from others....hope this helps! Hang in there!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 657 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 786 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 900 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 904 views