I am so nauseated...

Acadia_
on 1/13/08 11:52 pm
I'm almost a week out and am having a hard time with fluids. I have NO desire to put anything in my mouth, and I feel so nauseated. I think it's because I'm not getting a whole lot into me. Yesterday was my best day - probably 3 cups of fluid. Don't even ask about my protein shakes...I haven't even gotten started with them. Ugh!
juliathomas
on 1/14/08 5:16 am - Douglasville , GA
Hay Acadia, The nausea lasted 6months for me The Docter said its normal please try to get your protein in it sooo inportant. but stay postive through the rough times. It does get better I have no regrets. GOD BLESS JULIA
Kelly1
on 1/15/08 6:18 am - Pinson, AL
I really dose get better... The first week I thought what in the world have I done!! Now the only thing I struggle with is getting my liquids in. All liquids just taste nasty!! . I struggled with protein drinks as well and what I found is that just because I liked chocolate before surgery don't mean I like it know and I didn't. I was not a strawberry person before surgery but now I can't handle any other flavor. Good Luck!!
Kanetaco
on 1/16/08 12:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. Have you ever tried ginger? I like to take a pinch of pickeled ginger from the sushi section at the grocery store. That often works for me. -Clay
Acadia_
on 1/16/08 12:15 am
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Ginger is one of my favourite things ever. I'm still on the liquid diet, but I wonder if I could just chew a piece of ginger root (never tried it pickled), or put a few pieces in some ho****er? The nausea is getting much better, but it still hits me often.
Kanetaco
on 1/16/08 12:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
I think that the more real ginger the better. Starbucks sells a Tazo ginger green tea that is good for taste but I am sure that the real stuff will help you more. When you get better try the real ginger ale (the stuff that you would find at Whole Foods not on an airplane) and sip it slowly after the fizz is gone. I've used this one me (I have not had a weight loss operation) and it stops my stomach problems faster than any medicine. Well, I am glad you're better! --Clay
melissa M.
on 1/17/08 12:50 pm
Just an idea... bariatriceating.com sells protein bullets. They have 42g of protein in only 3oz of liquid. You can mix it with a little water & it taste like koolaid. They have grape & orange flavors. I bought the grape & it's not really pretty good. Maybe this would work better than trying to drink a shake. Good luck!! Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views