I did it and Im home bandedon 1/14/08

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/08 5:32 am
Hoe did everyone deal with the discomfort/ Im doing ok but so uncomfortable. Cannnot eat back to stage 1 diet and im hungry. wearing a binder around my waist for support. How was your experience when you came from home? Thank You
WLYB
on 1/16/08 11:01 am - Gainesville, VA
RNY on 01/07/08 with
The day after I got out of the hospital was the worst, and then one night a couple of days later was really bad with my side and abdomen killing me. I think it was worse after I felt great and over did it. I used the pain killer that my doctor had me get before I had surgery so I'd have it when I got home. I also slept in the recliner a couple of nights with pillows on each side of me. It does get better... slowly, but it does. I'm a week and 2 days out and I'm almost back to my old self... now the stitches just itch like the dickens. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon. Wanda
Toni Ocean
on 1/17/08 12:48 am - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
i'm 48 hours post op for lap band. my abdomen is sore to the point of pain if i bend. i'm on liquids--protein drinks if i want, tomato soup (yum), jello. it's easy to take too big of a bite...and then it hurts. i've heard that the binder is one of the best things you can have for support. let it work for you! take good care, and you're getting lots of good energy from seattle, toni o
bbheim
on 1/18/08 10:20 am - China Grove, NC
I am on my 8th day home and I am still uncomfortable. I had some of my staples removed yesterday, but I am having some kind of allergic reaction to the tape that is driving me crazy. Has this happened to anyone else? What have you done? My doctor says 60/60/60 rule - that is 60grams of protein, 60 ounces of water and 60 minutes of walking per day. I am only doing half of that. What kind of protein drinks is everyone getting in.
Mom4aCure
on 1/19/08 5:25 am - Central, VA
I don't know about you, but I HATE protein drinks! I think the smell bothers me more than anything. The only thing I can tolerate are the Slim Fast High Protein milk chocolate shakes. Hope this helps. : )
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 789 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views