Got my surgery date, February 5th! RNY

kit_n_fish
on 1/19/08 3:21 pm - KENT, WA
Now what? All of my testing and poking and prodding has been done. I have my pre-op appt on Tuesday (1/22/08) 7am! I guess i am basically scared about coming home afterward. Afraid i am going to do the wrong thing. Going to Walmart tomorrorw, i heard that one of the Bullet blenders are handy, a baby plate (divided into 3 tiny sections, a baby spoon, until i get used to taking such small portions and bites. I need to also know what is the best tasting protein powder to get? Do i mix it with water, or soy milk? Sorry for all of the questions, But, i know this is an awesome site to be at and i have seen many ppl on this board count on eachother and come back with good results! teresa
Nicole W.
on 1/20/08 4:34 am - parlin, NJ
Hi Tersesa, OK, for starters take a deep breath and relax. If you follow your Docs instructions you should be ok. Since you will be on liquids for a while just make sure that everything is SUGAR FREE. You will only make that mistake once, trust me. As far as protein, I'm not the one for protein powders, I hate them all. I eat a lot of protein bars. South Beach high protein (10 grams ea.) bars are good. There are others out there with more protein but I can't stand the taste. As far as portions, that's trial and error. You will find that you can tolerate some foods better than others. Some foods are easier to digest than others, and I find some foods don't digest well alone but when mixed with other foods go down easier. Just remember not to drink when you eat. That will fill you up and there will be no room for food and you will THROW UP !! You might find yourself vomiting often at first until you get the hang of chewing and portion control. You will know when you have eaten to much. By the way the protein drinks tell you on the package what to mix with. I used to mix with both milk and water but I don't drink them too often although I should. You are right about this website I had my surgery in December 2004 and I would not have made it without this site. Good Luck. Oh one more thing, when you start to eat meat again remember you can't chew it enough !!!
mac409
on 1/21/08 1:11 am
Try the Isopure protien waters, they taste good and don't have too much flavor and have 42 grams of protien. You can get them at GNC. They also have the shots that have 42 grams in 3 oz of liquid, they are thick like jellow just before it gels and taste sweet to me. I have been told they are good when they are almost frostie cold but be careful not to freeze them because the become like ice and you cant get them out. They are nice because you can put them in your purse and take them with you. Also the injury soup and unflavored protien are really good but they have less protien in them. I was told you can make Jello ice pops with the unflavored ones. Going to try that. Bernadette ps Good luck and lets keep in touch...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views