Lapband help

nancy3
on 1/20/08 11:07 pm - Wilton, NY
After having lapband are there any foods that you can never have again? I was told sugar products but I thought that might be for bypass surgery patients.
phoren98
on 1/21/08 12:43 am - TX
Hi Nancy, What I learned from a seminar I attended, is that you should refrain from Pasta, Bread or Rice for the first year. It was never said you could not have something, it will just be trial and error as your body may not like what you decided to eat. A patient who spoke with us that had the lap band 7 years ago said she has not been able to eat potatoes period and she could before, but her friend who had the surgery can eat potatoes. I know I asked about the sugar, and was told it will just depend on your body. Hope this helps.
McKenna M.
on 1/21/08 11:41 am - Caldwell, ID
Ii am still in the "hoping to have lap-band surgery process" All the info I can get benefits me also. It is going to be interesting on what I can eat afterward, because probably like you, I am a lover of food! Sad to say! But I have heard that a person is not really that interested or desires the food as I do now. Thaht's a good thing. I am eating everything wrong right now, and can't seem to stop. I hope and pray I do get the surgery. I really need help!
nancy3
on 1/22/08 1:07 am - Wilton, NY
Have you started the process? My first call was in Sept. and I went to the seminar the end of Oct., then I went to a support group. I went to see my surgeon in November and just completed my test in January and now I am on medifast for five weeks shakes only. It is hard but getting alittle easier. I am on my 4th day and can't wait until I can at least eat some food. I really wish I could have one lean and green meal a day but they say no. I cheated alittle on the 2nd day with a piece of chicken. I felt I really needed it. Yesterday I had a couple pieces of broccoli. They say it gets easier. I hope so. I'm not much of a broth person so that doesn help. I drink some just for change. I love to eat too. Food tastes good lets face it and it soothes a bad day! Oh well, I got to a point where I couldn't go on fat any longer. I wasn't always fat, just over the last 10 years it started to creep up on me and I hate it. I want to look good for my sons wedding next year. If I can help by being an email buddy let me know. Nancy
McKenna M.
on 1/22/08 2:48 am - Caldwell, ID
Hi Nancy, of course you can be an e-mail buddy. My email address is [email protected] I don't always look in all the places where I can receive messages. I am new to this sight, but I am getting a lot of info. . . . pro and con. My next step is for my cardiologist to approve me to have the lap band surgery. I don't know how to post my photo on my profile - do you know how to do it? Tahnks for any help. Keep in touch. My grandmother's name was Nancy.
Mari_F
on 2/13/08 2:56 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi Nancy, I had the lapband done 1/17/08 and feel great. I lost 10 pounds prior to surgery and 15 since so am 25 down and feel great. I am eating real food and found some great cookbooks that really helped. I am eating eggs, tuna, hot cereal, potatoes with no problems. I was worried because I love to eat and love to taste flavor and you just need to be cretive to do that the first month. I looked forward to fat free refried beans with a little melted mozzarella and green chili sauce I got from Williams and Sonama. So far it has been a breeze. I hope the same for you. Mari
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 652 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 903 views