"Deal with it?" It's all about the food!

artisin
on 1/24/08 9:37 pm
Well, maybe not . . . but my question is: How have you dealt with giving up the poor but habitual emotional craving for foods like ice cream, popcorn and other salty snacks, etc.?
Kathy W.
on 1/25/08 1:34 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
I had a last pint of ice cream the night before surgery. That is the one thing I will miss. I can have the 100 cal bags of popcorn on the maintnance diet so I wont miss that.
SSimon
on 1/25/08 5:30 pm - MA
I definately don't make these the staple of my diet but one of these here and there have helped stop cravings (which seem to be worse at night): Breyers Slow Churned Vanilla, no sugar added ice cream...I limit myself to 2 small teaspoon scoops as it seems to be a bit "frothy" feeling in the stomach....not bad, just a bit No sugar added chocolate pudding with no sugar added whipped cream and/or Lite Cool Whip (all in the dairy aisle) Edy's no sugar added, all fruit popsicles (I like these much better than the artificially flavored ice pops....can't stand sugar substitute aftertaste!) NO sugar added Orange Juice (only 2 oz at a time) blended watermelon also blended watermelon chunls with one of the Edy's sugar free pops blended in with it to make it more of a slushy tastes great too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 652 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 903 views