Banded in January 2008 and need some serious help

dpbodin
on 9/4/08 6:45 am - Youngsville, LA
At 27 years old, I looked and felt great. I was smaller than I had ever been (even before having a child).  I weighed 113 lbs and stayed active and took pretty good care of myself.  I started to gain weight, and within 3 months, I was up to 130.  I had no idea what was going on with me.  By the time I turned 29, I was up to 165.  I still had no idea of what was wrong. I was seeing an endocrinologist in Houston (I still see her) and she had me on diet pills and many other things that just were not helping.  My blood pressure was rising, and I had developed diabetes.  Her last resort was Lap Band surgery.  So, in January of 2008, I had the surgery done.  It was supposed to help me lose weight and get my health better because of the diabetes. 
Well, 9 months later I am not happy with any of this.  I now excercise way more than I ever did before.  I walk for 30-40 minutes every morning before work, and then go the gym for 1 hour and 15 minutes every afternoon.  I do this 5-6 days a week.  And still barely any results.  I totally watch what I eat and think I am following all dr's orders correctly.  I am now down to 157.  so, not much weight loss in 9 months, and I am very irriated and discouraged.  Can anyone give me some hints as to what I need to do to see more success with this band, when can i expect to see results, what in the world do I need to do?  I'm lost.
Baseball-Mom
on 9/6/08 5:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA

What was your starting weight when you were banded? Have you had many fills? Do you feel restriction from your band?
If you started at 165 and are now only at 157 then I would go to my surgeon and have him check your band. At almost 7 months you should have seen more of a loss if you are sticking to eating correctly and have restriction from your band.

mary

Spring Text  

dpbodin
on 9/8/08 11:53 pm - Youngsville, LA
I have had 3 fills.  My last fill was on June 5th.  After my first fill I lost 10 lbs and then gained 13 within 3 months.  I just don't understand, but I guess I need to go back.  I really thought I would see a difference by now.  Thanks for the info and I am going to take your advice and see my doctor
SassySuzi
on 12/30/08 7:58 am, edited 12/30/08 7:59 am - CA
Do you have restriction at this point?  I had the band put in on 1/8/08 and the surgeons staff forgot that I was the first one to have the new and improved bigger band on (in their office) and was giving me small fills.  When I went in October I complained that I had no restriction and they investigated their records and found that I needed a bigger fill.  I am now pretty much at my sweet spot...so ask your surgeon about the amount of fills vs the size of your band.  How are your clothes fitting....remember that with all of the working out you are doing, you are building muscle which is heavier than fat....Good Luck..oh yea don't forget to drink tha****er.
prettybaby80
on 1/19/09 5:15 am - bronx, NY
yea, i agree w/ what everyone else say.  The restriction might be a factor? How much are you eating? Maybe it's the amount and not so much what you are eating?  Go back and get some xrays done.  See if the band has moved.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 652 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 902 views