Anyone have pain still?

Karen O.
on 2/18/09 10:10 pm - Erie, PA
I had surgery on the 26th of Jan., so I am 3 weeks out.  One incision area has always been the one that gave me the most pain in the beginning (right after surgery) and has always felt like something was "pulling" when I move a certain way or lift something up or bend down to get something off the floor.  It was getting better and almost non existent, until I started working out on Monday.  I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes at a 6-8 incline and only go about 2.7-3.0 mph, so nothing really strenuous ... I go on the elliptical for 5-15 minutes ... work out my legs (just 30 reps) ... work out my arms (just 50 curls).  No ab strengthening or crunches, etc.  Now it pulls everytime I bend over to get something, turn from side to side ... basically just use that "muscle" or whatever it is.  If i push on it, it is tender and feels like a kink in my musle ... I could sit and massage it and it feels great, but with some soreness.  

So, is anyone still sore?
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

agilityrulz
on 2/19/09 12:17 am - TX

I was sore on my right side, where the biggest incision is and where most of the work was done until about week 4.  I could bend to the left OK, but when I bent to the right it would feel like I was pulling something.  I was told that it is the abdominal wall healing.  Now I am about 5 weeks out and can bend easily. Working out is getting better and lasts longer at this point also.  It will come but just in time.

I would say email or call your doctor's office and ask them about it. They may tell you the same thing or ask you to come in so that they can check it out.

Good Luck and keep us posted..
Chrissy

jenb1975
on 2/20/09 1:01 am
Hi there.  I also had surgery on the 26th of January and have EXACTLY the same pain you are talking about.   I'm going to discuss with my surgeon next Wednesday when I see him - I don't think it's anything serious (hope not!), but I totally know what you mean. 
hopeful_melissa
on 2/20/09 4:02 am - Euclid, OH
I had my surgery on the 20th and every once in a while I have the same sort of pain - if I move wrong or something. When I first started working out it made it hurt more, but then it felt TONS better the following day.
High Weight - 376                        Sugery Weight - 305
ONEDERLAND - 12/16/09              Current Weight - 180
Goal Weight - 150

KARA_TOP
on 2/20/09 2:27 pm - richland, WA
I had surgery on the 28 and still have discomfort, depends on what I do or how I move.  I am pretty sure it is ok, we are still healing.  From what I have read we have a full 8 weeks of healing.  I am jelouse though of the people that had no pain after a few days.  Those first 2 weeks for me sucked!
nara82
on 2/21/09 2:52 pm
My pain is NO WHERE NEAR as bad as it was!! I think the muscles are healing quite nicely at this point! The left side can hurt up to 6 months after surgery my surgern told me. I thought the horrible pain was gas...and he assured me it is probably just the muscle healing...he was right about a week later the pain had subsided. But I am also not working out or pushing anything. I mean I have a 2yr old that keeps me running my ass off all day but I haven't hit the gym or my treadmill since surgery. I had my RNY on 1-27-09. Just take it easy is all I can say n let it heal a lil more maybe. I hope ya feel better soon!! xo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 797 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?
LastOptionAttorney · 1 replies · 854 views