Stuck

Lauren B.
on 2/23/09 12:33 am - Fort Stewart, GA
Ok Going on 2 weeks that I am still at the SAME weight !! UGH I am starting to get so mad ! I know I am on the light weigh side of the surgery but still 2 WEEKS !! COME not even 1 lb !! I am eating the way I am supposed to. I don't know what's going on? Week 6 and still only lost 30lbs !! Am I failing?

matsmom
on 2/23/09 6:16 am
I have been stuck too over the last week. I have lost about 35. I even gained a pound and lost it last week.
extremefaithinhim156

on 2/23/09 6:20 am
I had surgery on Jan. 5th.  After I lost 26lbs.  I stalled for two weeks straight.  It was very frustrating.  However, your body needs to adjust to what is happening to it.  It also needs to know it's not in jeopardy.  Every time you lose 10% of your body weight, you may have a stall.  But the good news is:  you'll still lose inches.  So measure yourself.  Also, I boosted my protein intake and that really helped kick my weight loss back into gear.  Do not be discouraged.  Keep doin' what you're doin'.  

extremefaithinhim15666   

Oh, and add excercise if you haven't already. 
:

extremefaithinhim156

on 2/23/09 6:23 am

one more thing,  go to your local supermarket and look at 59 packs of butter!!  That is how much you have lost so far!!!!   Way to go!!!

extremefaithinhim15666

:

Karen O.
on 2/23/09 10:18 am - Erie, PA
I am sure your stall will be over before you know it!  Stalls suck ... mine was last week ... a whole week, and I was so mad!  You will be losing soon ... hide your scale for a week ... you will see a difference then!  You are not a failure!
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Devilwmn
on 2/23/09 10:44 am - Park Hall, MD
Me too!!!!  I emailed my NUT today and she said that I just have to wait it out!

nara82
on 2/23/09 6:44 pm, edited 2/23/09 6:45 pm
Packs of Butter!!...OMG I luv that! I am soo doing that when I go to the store tomorrow...lol Yeah I feel it isn't moving for me either. But then I think about it...and 30lbs in less than a month is KICK ASS! I think we all just want it off NOW!!! lol Seriously if you are on the lighter side...like you said it may take longer. Like they always say the bigger you are...the faster it comes off. Sucks I know!! lol I have 60lbs more to go and I will be like WHOA! I def know I don't get enough protein in. I mean ****I barley eat anything. That explains my lack of energy all the time. Plus I have to step up my exercise! But it's soo HARD when you don't get all your protein in like me or EAT enough. I have an EXTREMELY small stomach. My surgen had a choice when he was inside of me...I had something in the way kinda...I think he said a vessel.....so he had to makea choice to make my stomach  a lil bigger than normal...or a lil smaller than normal. He opted for smaller, and I love him for that!! haaa But I wish you the best of luck and try NOT to weigh yourself every damn day like I do!!! That may help. xo

SW-240/CW-211/GW-150
newbarb2
on 2/24/09 12:47 pm
Lauren,

The same thing happened with me, I had two weeks in a row where I lost 1lb.  Then I had two weeks of great losses.  This week (I will know tomorrow for sure) I may have even gained 1/2 lb.  I am eating 500 calories per day!  How the heck can I gain!  LOL    I think it's our bodies way of re-adjusting and I know I am losing inches because of the way my clothes fit. 

I am also tracking my food in fitday and there is a spot in there that calculates your average weekly loss and computes approximate weight 1 and 3 months from today.  Those types of measurements really help.  I weigh every day and I know that's a no no, but I can deal with it because I am honest with myself as far as intake goes.  I weigh and measure everything.  I think my only thing I could improve on is getting all my water in, I still struggle, but I continue to work on it.

Hugs,
Barb

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/09 2:34 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Oh honey I KNOW how you feel, I'm stuck too.  I dropped 37 lbs in the snap of a finger then all of a sudden-HI, I'M STALL AND then I gained 2 lbs.  Talk about frustrating!  UGH!
wichita_loser
on 3/12/09 7:54 am - Wichita, KS
I'm losing in spurts. I think its worse cuz i weigh everyday, Yes i know that's a no-no.
I can go about a week and nothing....then one morning i get up and i have lost 2-4lbs.
I cant figure it out? VERY frustrating. This is going to sound so stupid but i really did think i was going to lose a pound a day and just lose and lose and lose. I really didn't think i was going to have to put forth any effort. How ridiculous is that? I had very high hopes and now realty has smacked me up side the head. I am just so afraid that i wont lose all the weight i need to.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
~AMANDA~

Biggest 327+/ first appt 307/ surgery day 282/ current 202/ goal 157

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 876 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 798 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...