April Check-in

Karen O.
on 3/31/09 10:58 am, edited 3/31/09 10:58 am - Erie, PA
Wow ... it's April already (well, tomorrow lol).  Let's see how everyone is doing!

Name:

Type of Surgery & Date:

Weight Day of Surgery:

Weight Today:

Total Pounds Lost:

Biggest obstacle to overcome:

Any surgery regrets:

What do you eat (typical day menu):

Exercise schedule:

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Karen O.
on 3/31/09 11:07 am - Erie, PA
Name: Karen

Type of Surgery & Date: RNY 1/26/09

Weight Day of Surgery: 280 lbs.

Weight Today: 236.4 lbs.

Total Pounds Lost: 43.6 lbs. GONE!

Biggest obstacle to overcome: Not drinking with meals & not comparing myself to others

Any surgery regrets: Nope ... Happy that I made this wonderful decision ... I feel healthier already and I am only 9 weeks out!

B- 1 egg w/cheese
L- grilled ham/cheese sandwich (1 slice of bread) w/ baked beans or another side
S- Protein drink
D- something with Chicken or ground turkey ( I love my crock pot!)
LNS- peanuts (I LOVE THEM!)

Exercise schedule:I go early in the morning 5-6 days a week to the YMCA.  I do 30 minutes on the eliptical, walk 3.5 mph on the treadmill with incline random from 3 to 9.5 for 30 minutes, then I do my weights (3 machines about 30 reps each machine).  
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

miissxangela
on 3/31/09 11:54 am - Hampton, VA
Ooh this is fun!

Name: Angie

Type of Surgery & Date: RNY 1/21/09

Weight Day of Surgery: 227 lbs.

Weight Today: 183 lbs.

Total Pounds Lost: 44 lbs.

Biggest obstacle to overcome: I agree with you Karen, not drinking with meals!! And not feeling like I am losing fast or enough weight. I think I should be more realistic.

Any surgery regrets: NONE whatsoever!! This was the best decision I have ever made for myself!

B- 1/2 SB cinnamon raisin snack bar
L- some type of salad with grilled chicken or tuna on one piece of toast.
D- something with grilled chicken..usually another salad with chicken.
S- 1/2 SB cinnamon raisin snack bar

Exercise schedule: I go to the gym usually about 6 days/week. My workout varies, but I do at LEAST 30 mins. on the tredmill using random intervals of running, walking, jogging, and inclines. If I don't do that, I take a cycle class. If not that, I do a step aerobics class. And I also do a body pump class which is a GREAT total body workout with weights. I also tried an Ab attack class today..it was a killer, but I loved it. Bottom line--- I do some kind of cardio and weights 6x's/wk. Can you tell I am addicted???
*Angie*

colleen kuntz
on 3/31/09 1:05 pm
Name: Colleen

Type of Surgery & Date:
RNY 1/12/09

Weight Day of Surgery: 285 lbs.

Weight Today: 230 lbs.

Total Pounds Lost: 55 lbs

Biggest obstacle to overcome: I agree with you guys, drinking with meals, and not loosing more weight or loosing it faster!!!!

Any surgery regrets: NONE whatsoever!! This was the best decision I have ever made for myself!

B- 1/2 SB peanut butter snack bar
AS- 1/2 sb peanut butter snack bar
L- 2oz oven roasted chicken breast
D- 2oz oven roasted chicken,1 oz cabbage,2tbs raw onion 1ts mustard all mixed together
S- not sure yet

Exercise schedule: I usually get on the treadmill for about 30 minutes then i do belly dancing which is great. but this whole week im dedicating myself to cleaning my front and back yard and planting my garden!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/09 1:28 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Name: sooner

Type of Surgery & Date: laparoscopic rny-01/28/09

Weight Day of Surgery: 231

Weight Today: 197

Total Pounds Lost: 45 lbs was 242 last weighed in doc's office before pre op diet

Biggest obstacle to overcome: omg, chinese food! lol, puked it up twice now.  i honestly still struggle w/ head hunger and finding new foods to eat-i'm easily bored and struggle w/ cooking ALL THE FRICKING time! soooo new to me, i was a fast-food-aholic.

Any surgery regrets: not a single ONE

What do you eat (typical day menu): i don't measure my food anymore, this is mainly b/c i don't know what oz level i'm supposed to be at.  i move up to 6 oz meals at 6 mons, i do know that.  i just eat til my pouch says no no, i'm good.  but it's always this (pretty much, i guess i'm a picky eater) break-2 or 3 saltines and sharp cheddar cheese snack squares on each, a bit of fruit.  lunch-either chili and a side salad or 1 tbs peanut butter and more saltines (2 or 3). dinner-chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  i'm supposed to drink 24 oz of milk/day and 8 oz of 100% fruit juice/day but in all honesty, i don't think i've done this in over a week.  milk is to get protein in (again, never said how much i'm supposed to get in a day) so i usually just drink a ton of water and iced unsweet tea.

Exercise schedule:6 days a week, slipping to 5.  i think i'm just slipping altogether.  i feel like a failure if i don't do **** to the t.  but when i work out i freaking WORK OUT, hardcore.  it's fun while i'm doing it but then the hips start to hurt...  LOVE you karen baby doll, you've been here for me since day 1 and i'm so excited to embark on this journey together!
puju11
on 3/31/09 9:30 pm - NJ
Name: Kim

Type of Surgery & Date:  2-25-09 Lapband

Weight Day of Surgery: 282

Weight today:  251

Biggest obstacle to overcome: Probably the drinking thing too because I don't really follow that rule. I forget. I also love my red wine. 1 glass here and there.

Any surgery regrets: ABSOLUTELY NONE!!

What do you eat (typical day)

BF- Egg salad (1 egg 1 egg white 1 tbls. of mayo)
S- Eas Advantage protein drink (17g of protein 110 cal. low sugar and fat)
L- turkey chili or beans and rice
S- greek vanilla yogurt
D-whatever i happen to make for familly that night.

Exercise Schedule: Step aerobics 3 to 4 x's a week, weight training 2 x's a week and pick up the cardio slack with treadmill or walking outside. I like to get in at least 5 days of cardio
agilityrulz
on 4/1/09 3:32 am - TX
Name: Chrissy

Type of Surgery & Date: Lap RNY 1/14/09

Weight Day of Surgery: 289

Weight Today: 228.5

Total Pounds Lost:60.5

Biggest obstacle to overcome: Not drinking with meals, not drinking w/a straw and not comparing myself to others

Any surgery regrets: NO WAY!!! Maybe not doing it sooner. But I needed to be in the right place to be successful.

B- Yogurt or 1 med egg
s- a few wheat thins or jerky
L- turkey chili or maybe some chicken
s- a few wheat thins or jerky
D- something w/ turkey or chicken or maybe pork. Can't wait to try a salad

Exercise schedule: I walk a lot at my job, I am all over our bldg which is huge and I am usually in heels. Then some days I walk on the treadmill at work for about 20 mins or do the Wii fit when I get home (the boxing is the best for me, a great work out & I get my frustrations out).

Looks like everyone is doing so good!!! Keep it up

Chrissy

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 1:51 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
just like i told karen-EAT A SALAD!  it really doesn't hurt at all!  it stays down pretty good and you even had your surgery before us!  eat it! :)
dreamcatchers
on 4/1/09 5:38 am - South Glens Falls, NY
Name:Lisa

Type of Surgery & Date:LAP RNY

Weight Day of Surgery:219

Weight Today:167

Total Pounds Lost:52

Biggest obstacle to overcome:To eat slower

Any surgery regrets:Not a single one! I have felt good since! Other then slight stomach muscle soreness a couple days post op and 2 weeks(at 4th and 5th weeks) of feeling naseaus.

What do you eat (typical day menu):B-coffe w/flavored creamer. L-leftovers(chix pot pie.S-soy dippers with laughing cow cheese. D-chix dish,veg, salad

Exercise schedule: Haven't really started one yet. A wal****assionally. Weather is just starting to get nice here.

I love to see what others are eating!!
Thanks for posting fun idea!
Karen,
Glad to see you are doing well too!

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 1:55 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
how the heck do you lose 52 lbs w/o exercising?!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 797 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?
LastOptionAttorney · 1 replies · 854 views