How is everyone doing?

Karen O.
on 10/10/09 8:17 am - Erie, PA
So, we are all 9 months out this month.

How is everyone doing? 

Any complications?

Anything you can NOT eat?

What is the one thing you eat & know you shouldn't?

Has your weight loss slowed down at all?

How far from "goal" are you IF you have one?

Anything else you would like to share....!!

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Karen O.
on 10/10/09 8:23 am - Erie, PA
How is everyone doing?   Good!  I recently started to get heartburn a lot, even though I take Prilosec every day ... I never had this pre-op, so I don't know how to deal with it!

Any complications? Not life threatening, just some heartburn every now & then.

Anything you can NOT eat? Pretzels as of lately, makes me sick.  

What is the one thing you eat & know you shouldn't? Peanutbutter, I love it!  I have the occasional cookie ... I buy them for my kids' lunches & I tend to steal some.  I have been slacking lately in the food department :(

Has your weight loss slowed down at all? Very much so, I have lost 115 lbs so far, but am still 12 away from goal.  BUT, if I didn't lose another pound I would not be angry (as long as I didn't GAIN!) ... I could kick it into maintenance & stay 170 forever!

How far from "goal" are you IF you have one? I am 12 pound away ... my goal is 160 lbs.

I really love that I had surgery ... I can do everything with my kids ... I go to the playground & go down the slide & swing with them.  I can keep going ALL DAY LONG and not crave my bed!  I really love that I got my life back.  Somedays, though, I wish I could just eat & not think about what is going in my mouth & if that will "agree" with my pouch ... but then I remind myself, that is what got me to almost 300 lbs!  

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

iisme
on 10/18/09 8:49 am
Ok I'll play!!!

So, we are all 9 months out this month.

How is everyone doing?

I am doing GREAT. I love my RNY! 

Any complications?

ZERO, zip, nada

Anything you can NOT eat?

Havent tried sugar yet. With that being said, no there isnt anything I "cant" eat.

What is the one thing you eat & know you shouldn't?

chips

Has your weight loss slowed down at all?

Yes, big time but then again being so near goal it's ok

How far from "goal" are you IF you have one?

18 pounds from goal but actually I am ok with how I am now. I am 5'9 and 183

Have never ever regretting my decision to have RNY. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself

10 pounds loss pre-op
Mary S.
on 10/18/09 10:52 am, edited 10/18/09 10:54 am - jacksonville, AR
 Hi there Ms Karen.  I cant believe it has been 9 Mo.  Where has the time gone.  I have lost almost 80 pounds and am loving every pound gone.  Just the last two Fills have been bothersome.  I had to get one unfill and  then, i did great on the first week  of this last fill and now i am sliming something terrible.  I dont want this to be the lifetime feeling. I am still losing, especially  since i feel so tight.  Just a couple bites and I am over flowing.  It isnt with food it is the yuck coming up.  That is the bigest mystery for me so far.  I do feel I made the right decision to do the lapband....

I think im about 20-30 pounds from goal weight, but my first goal has been to weigh less than 200 pounds, and I am 1 pound away,,,!!!!!  My vise that I eat that I know is such a no no is icecream. I do that on the weekends,  Kinda of a weekend treat.  I try to eat as good as possible during the week.

My Lunch almost every day is 1 piece of bread with Kroger brand Peanut butter w/honey in it,,,,,I love that but here lately im tossing most of it cause it just wont go down.  

Have a blessed week,

Mary in Arkansas
 "I want to be less to love"  
agilityrulz
on 10/28/09 11:59 pm - TX
Alright I am in, a little late but still here!!

So, we are all 9 months out this month. WOO HOO

How is everyone doing?    Doing Good, Feel WONFERFUL!!!

Any complications?  NONE what so ever!!!

Anything you can NOT eat?  Tuna and Pasta (grateful)

What is the one thing you eat & know you shouldn't?  Wheat Thins

Has your weight loss slowed down at all?   Oh yah I have gone form loosing 8 pounds a week to about 1-2.  But hope to kick it back in a bit to loose more.

How far from "goal" are you IF you have one?  I am about 35 pounds from goal, I am 5'7 and my doc wants me around 145.

This has been a great tool for me and I am very thankful that I have made this commitment. 

Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 797 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?
LastOptionAttorney · 1 replies · 854 views