3 years out, and feel LOST

sarah122080
on 2/4/13 12:42 am - malden, MA

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted.  I had my 3 year surgiversary in January.  I have gained over the past 18 months 15 lbs from my lowest weight after my RNY.  I need a boost, I just ordered the 5 day pouch info kit.  Anyone feel like me??

Dymone
on 8/4/13 1:25 pm - Everman, TX

Hey Sarah122080,

You are not alone in feeling lost. Although I have lost over 200 lbs, it's like I'm at a stand still, and it is so irritating. I know my pouch still works cause I get sick whenever I eat the wrong foods, or if I eat or drink that one sip or bite too many. I need a boost also, so if you find a good one..let me know.

Take Care,

Dymone

Tinkers107
on 8/15/13 7:01 am - Dyer, IN

You guys are not alone. I too have gained about 35 lbs. I need a boost or a kick in the ass! I dont want to go back to the way I was before. Carbs and sugar are my downfall! I need to get my protein in like I used to and no drinking during meals. 

Erika

Example 1

Sparklegigi
on 10/7/13 7:42 am - La Verne, CA

HI Sarah and yes, I felt like you and have more of a gain, mine is 50lbs.  I attended the OH event this past weekend and it was more than a shot in the arm for me!  I received such great insight that I actually had two aha moments.  I wont share them unless you ask because they might not be what you need to hear, I can only give you my advice. 

Read anything you can find from Dr. Arya Sharma, at the conference he made the most sense.  He is not even a bariatric doc, but he spoke volumes to us all.

Decide if your lowest weight is your right weight for you.  If it is, fight like hell to get them off, but give yourself time to do it the right way.  Look up articles about your set point weight, your weight/body could be fighting you to get to where it feels comfortable.  Not good or the right weight for us but I can tell you that is exactly where I am right now.

If you have access to any type of support group, I would advise it.  If you have to start one yourself, I would advise it, that is what I have decided to do.  I can encourage the newbies and help those who are struggling at the same time. 

take care,

Nita

Most Active
Recent Topics