Recent Posts

Member Services
on 6/23/14 12:16 pm - Irvine, CA
snoble9111
on 6/13/14 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: Why aren't I losing

How are you doing now??  I have very similar issues---weight loss is so slow.  Im 3months out and struggle to lose every pound.  The surgery is no guarantee we'll lose weight--now we find out!

GigiT
on 2/11/14 6:15 am - TX

Congrats on your surgery. Thank you so much for your reply, big help!!!  Keep me posted on how you are doing

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/14 1:29 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I also had surgery on the 27th, and have lost nothing for the past week. I am allowed a VERY limited amount of soft foods (greek yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, fat free refried beans and egg whites (which I can't tolerate, make me sick, so avoid).  Along with protein powder mixed in and protein drinks to get 65-75g protein per day.  Just got off the phone with my surgeon's office and they said this happens for some; the body is concentrating on healing at this point and not weight loss.  She also told me to weigh once a week not daily or she would come to my house and take away my scale.

So I understand your frustration, but the losing will come, especially when you are allowed to up your protein.

Now if I can just figure how to get the mood swings under control (also normal, I am told)...

GigiT
on 2/10/14 7:21 am - TX
Topic: Puréed food

Anyone have some recipes for puréed foods?

012114sds
on 2/9/14 4:31 am

I was told some patients come home after surgery with weight gain due to all the intravenous fluids. Everyone is different. You will lose. Keep drinking and keep moving. Good luck!  I had surgery on Jan. 21. 

GigiT
on 2/6/14 11:06 pm - TX

My nutritionist is dead set that I stay on clear liquids for 3 weeks as she said to allow time for my stomach to heal. I betcha it is that I am not taking in enough protein. The Isopure drink makes me gag after awhile so I have been doing the unjury chocolate and using water instead of milk to make hot chocolate and then I will do the unjury chicken broth. I see the doctor on the 12th and hope that I can move to purée foods. I am so ready!  I take walks with my dog and the walk around in the house when it's too cold outside 

Motherearth
on 2/6/14 8:49 am

Hello, my name is Sherri.

I'm 29 days post op. You do realize that you're allowed more than clear fluids right? You can have strained cream soups, greek yogart, V-8 juice, fat free milk, sugar free jello. G2 gatorade, that is if your glucose levels are under control. Protein shakes. I'm thinking your not getting enough protein in and your body is holding onto what it has. Some call it the starvation mode. Also, are you exercising? That would boost your metabolism as well. Can you please list what your daily intake is and perhaps someone will chime in with more advice.

GigiT
on 2/4/14 1:26 am - TX
Topic: Why aren't I losing

Had surgery on the 27th of jan. No food all clear liquids and as of today no real weight loss.  What am I doing wrong??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Puréed food
GigiT · 0 replies · 450 views
Why aren't I losing
GigiT · 6 replies · 736 views