February 21, 2003

pandakiss
on 5/25/03 4:45 am - Flat Rock, AL
Would like to hear from anyone who had surgery on the 21st. I think it would be cool to keep in touch with my fellow dater. Just want to know how you are doing. I am down from 286 to 234. I feel like a could eat a ton though. Email if you like or I will check back here soon. Love to all.
Kari S.
on 6/7/03 4:25 am - Chicago, IL
Hi! Since no one answered your post, I figured I would - even though I didn't have my surgery on the 21st but on the 26th. I was 285.5 getting out of the hospital and now weigh 220 (as of this morning). I'd love to keep in touch! This is my first time posting, so it's nice to connect with someone who started at about the same time! I have not had any health problems except for searing and annoying abdominal cramps if I don't eat enough protein every few hours. Otherwise, I can eat anything, including spicy food, drink anything, including wine, and I've had no problems with digestion (although I think it's slowed my weight loss somewhat since I don't have a "dumping reminder" that it seems others have with this surgery). I rely alot on protein bars and shakes between meals. And generally - I'm really really happy I did this surgery! And I'm happy with my progress too for the most part (what I'm not happy with I know is my own fault anyway).
Haziefrog
on 6/13/03 10:20 am - AR
Hi, My surgery was on the 5th of Feb, so I figured I was close enough! My all time high was 325,(I did one last diet drug for the insurance company) but the day of my surgery (Lap RNY) I weighed 282 and this morning I weighed 226! So we are going at about the same rate!
Annette M.
on 6/15/03 7:36 pm - Ojai, CA
Hi you all. I also had a February 5th rny and would love to stay in touch with other Februarians! I'm thrilled I had the surgery, but have had a fairly struggly road with lots and lots of nausea, a hospitalization with kidney stones etc. On the other hand, I've been a fast loser so far -- but I was about 200 pounds overwieght at the beginning. Thus far I've lost 114 pounds. It's still hard for me to believe. Are any of you finding that you are getting nervous about the "magic" 6 month fast losing period coming to an end? Have any of you been able to make exercise part of your new life yet?
Debbie W.
on 6/17/03 3:34 am - AZ
Hi Beverly, My date wasn't the 21st either, but was real close to yours! Mine was 2/24/03 and as of this morning I am down 76 lbs! I had 200 lbs to lose from the start, so I still have a long way to go, but I'm just thrilled with the loss and especially how much better I am feeling. I just started to lose again after a long plateau. Initially I was losing at the rate of 5 lbs per week, but until a few days ago, I had lost 5 lbs in the last month. I know that's perfectly normal, but obviously I'd much rather it be moving! I've been walking every day, but I just increased it and also have increased the water intake and both are helping I believe! I'd love to stay in touch if you would. Good luck to all! Debbie Wittig
Rebecca T.
on 6/19/03 3:33 pm - Grafton, WV
Hi Beverly , I had my surgery on Feb. 4, 2003 the open Rny. I started out at 277 lbs and now I am down to 205. That is 72 lbs. I am really excited about the weight loss but I am also nervous because the weight is slowing down. I went through a month staying at 67 lb loss . I finally increased my water intake and it helped. I have some difficulty with some foods still. They either make me nauseaed or I vomit. I am going to Curves and trying to walk at least once a day. I still cannot eat very much and for that I am truly glad. I don't dump on sugar which I wish I did. The head hunger still gets me sometimes. I hope I am not the only one with this problem. I would love to keep in touch with you via email. my email address is [email protected].
Catherine P.
on 7/25/03 12:09 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi I had my open Rny on Feb.24th. I have lost 74 lbs with no complications so far. I think it's great to have others to talk to that had the surgery in the same month.
Most Active