Sunday Friday :-)

NickE
on 9/10/06 2:11 am - Capital District, NY
Okay, since nobody made it in for Friday, how was everyone's week? I'm back up a little bit, and I'm beating myself up for that, because I know what I need to be doing, but between work, home, and everything else, I'm not entirely doing it. Some things, I don't have any choice - with the Type 2 diabetes, when my sugar crashes (and I can feel it, don't even need to doublecheck by testing), I have to eat something, and I usually balance between quicker carbs (fruit/fruit juice), longer carbs (followed by some bread or granola) and protein, if I'm home - it's harder to find good protein at work, and not much of the good protein is very portable or long lasting.. Other things, though, I do have a choice, and am not making the right ones. I have a fair amount of energy at times, bouncing up and down in the lunchroom while waiting for my coffee to brew (one of those flavia machines, so it's always fresh, even if it does cost money as opposed to the 'free' coffee... (Gotten to be a real coffee snob lol)), but yet even though I bounce up and down, I don't bring in my gym stuff and actually go to the gym like I should. My weight's up about 9 lbs from where it was, so I really need to get back on track with myself. 9 lbs isn't bad, but it's a step backwards that I need to reverse. How was everyone else's week, besides busy? ...N
Playannette
on 9/11/06 4:48 am - Blackwood, NJ
Hey Happy Sunday, Monday and Friday. LOL! I am a coffee snob too. I always have my java since I don't do soda and juice unless it is sugar free. Nice to know that there is someone jumping up and down anticipating the coffee makers last drop. Hey as for my weight since last year I am up about 7-10 lbs I shift in that general area. It is so hard to try to get it back down, I weigh myself every 3 days or so cause I don't want to get into doing it every day. But this week I am doing higher protein, water and ice, I chew on ice and gum (sugar free) it keeps me from sticking other things in my mouth and eating. Atleast you caught yourself at 9lbs and not at 19 or 29 lbs. So you are doing good. Well my week was really busy, the kids started school and I have to get them ready and drop them off and get my behind to work. So this was adjustment week. We will have it down packed in a few weeks. Have a good week. Annette
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 1:28 am - CA
Nick, Thanks for posting the Friday thread. It is hard when we gain. I've heard many (myself included) that are up 5 to 10 lbs from their low weight. Definitely harder to get it off now than before. When I worked I bought an insulated lunch bag thing that had blue ice pack in it. That way I could bring things that needed to be kept cold. Would that work for you?? If yes, it would allow you to bring protein to work with you and have it readily available. Can you walk on your lunch hour? That is always a great way to get some exercise in and escape from the work environment even if just for a bit. My main exercise if walking and using the pool. Have a great week. Mary
Most Active