Adipex?

LBD1972
on 10/26/06 2:14 am - Pensacola, FL
Does anyone know of any restrictions with adipex for Gastric weight loss patients ? I have a friend who has had surgery and her PC has prescribed adipex for weightloss. I found this quite odd. Anyone have any info?
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/06 11:45 am - CA
http://www.drugs.com/pdr/adipex_p_tablets.html Am surprised that it is being prescribed IF your friend already had WLS. How far out is she? If over 2 years, has she not lost a significant amount of weight? It may be that they are using it to jumpstart her weight loss and get her back on track. IF she is less than 2 years out, then I am surprised. More information about her situation would be helpful.
LBD1972
on 10/27/06 7:14 am - Pensacola, FL
She is 2 1/2 years out. She has lost 145 lbs. and she gained about 10-15 lbs back, which I feel is wonderful. She is getting married in January and wanted to lose about 15-20 lbs and wanted something to help so her doctor prescibed it.
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/06 11:41 am - CA
The 10 to 15 lb bounce back weight is pretty common/normal. Going back on "diet pills" doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I'm really surprised. With the weight gain my questions would be: 1. Are you eating a low carb diet? 2. Are you exercising 4 to 5 times a week? 3. Are you eating enough protein? 4. Are you getting in a minimum of 64 oz of fluids (non-caffeine) a day? 5. Are you following the rules? 6. Are you grazing? If the answer is No, then there is things that could be done with behavior modification that would achieve the same goals. Just my opinion ... I'm not a doctor. I hope she does OK and that her doctor keeps her monitored during the process.
Most Active