Monday - How's it going?

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/06 11:20 pm - CA
How was your weekend? Were you able to stay on track? My weekend went pretty well. I overdid the carbs on Saturday, but yesterday did great. Portion control, portion control.... words to live by. ****ep reminding myself). Today I am going to Curves to sign up (I think...at least find out more about it). They are doing a food drive thing that if you bring in a bag of grocercies for the food bank there is no sign up fee and you just pay monthly dues. A couple of friends belong in CA and love it. It is close by our home, so less chance of talking myself out of it. We have a brand new gym opening next month, but it is 5 miles from here and I feel a bit more intimadated to go there. I walked both Saturday and Sunday. How's it going for you???? Mary
jewll27
on 3/6/06 2:17 am - East Greenville, PA
I did well on Sat. I rode (horses) for 2 hrs on sat and did portion control, it was great. Yesterday wasnt so hot. I overdid it a little on cookies and didnt exercise or drink enough water. Today, however, a big improvement. I did my 26 min ab tape and walked for 20 min with my mom so far did ok with food. I stopped at McDonalds on my way home from school for a cheeseburger and a shamrock shake (i know i know but just wait for me tofinish). I open my bag and they had given my fries too!! YIKES!! I ate two fries and then tossed them all out the window. I always get a shamrock shake every yr have a few sips and also throw that out the window. I ate half my burger and then have the rest for a snack this afternoon. Moderation is my key right now b/c cold turkey is gonna do me in!! Also had my morning protein shake and I switched to fat free soy milk instead of reg. soy milk... sarah
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/06 4:13 am - CA
Sarah, How fun to go horse back riding. We are in the city/rural area here so lots of horses around amonst the communities, even farm land and dairies too. We use to horse back ride at my cousins when I was a kid. Now I'm allergic to horses so not sure that I could ride at all, but it is tempting with so many around here. I understand buying the shake, fries. I commend you on only eating a few or a sip or two then dumping. (I hope you really didn't throw them out the window UNLESS it was directly into a trash can tho). Yesterday Hal had to cheesecake, so I ate a bite. Today I had 3 fries. I think our eating has to be "in control". I don't normally feel deprived and I think that is key to success for me. However if a food takes control, I get it out of the house ASAP or don't buy it at all. Some things I have no control over on certain days and even the fear of dumping wouldn't stop me from wanting more ... so I dump them right away before they can take over. I think we have all come a long way, making many changes as we go. I just never want to get back to the totally out of control eater that I was before. Mary
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/06 8:11 am - CA
I did join Curves today. I was amazed at how good the workout really is. I now know I have muscles I never knew I had before >>>> LOL. Really nice group of women there, very friendly too. I like the upbeat of the music too. Mary
jewll27
on 3/6/06 9:31 pm - East Greenville, PA
heres my confession for yesterday. I did just fine untill it was time for me to go pick my BF up from the airport. I was already feeling fat and bloated (I must be getting my pd) and I went into a mcdonalds to use the bathroom and I got a mcchicken sandwich. I dont know why, I just did. Half way through I felt so gross but I kept eating untill there was only a bite or two left...UGH!! Just needed to confess so I can start today with a clean slate!! sarah
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 12:50 am - CA
Sarah, Sending you some hugs ..... Do you think you were using the food to make you feel better (even if it didn't)? There can be so many emotional reasons for eating. Also, even if you ate the wrong thing ... how did you do the rest of the day. Did you do your water, did you chose a fruit rather than a bread??? Even one right choice makes you a success. Focus on your successes not on what you feel was wrong. Mary
jewll27
on 3/7/06 2:58 am - East Greenville, PA
probably mary and I think I did ok yesterday otherwise but I get into that mentality that once I screw up, its all over and I beat myself up and get angry and depressed...its so bad!! I totally emotionally overeat all the time! its better now than it used to be but I still catch myself sometimes...I just gotta stop!! Today has been better and Im workin on the water and went riding and walked with my mom for a half hour! Just gotta keep that sweet tooth under control! sarah
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 5:41 am - CA
Sarah, You will overcome this a step at a time, just like the rest of us. I do emtionally eat at times ... no doubt in my mind. But as you said, nothing compared to before surgery. I do lots of SF snow cones, satisfy the crunch I need and the sweetness I crave. Has helped me tremendously the last 3 years pre and post surgery. I also keep protein bars on hand, they sure help too. I'm not perfect, but I do try to focus on the positives that I have achieved. I find that if I focus on losing more weight too much, it puts me back into the diet mentally of deprivation instead of realizing it just means portion control. I think you did GREAT today with your water and walking. AWESOME. Millie and i went for a walk to the park. Had planned to go to Curves today too, but just a bit sore so decided the 3 times a week as recommended will be perfect for the first couple of weeks. I am looking forward to going tomorrow. Bought some new shorts and tees today so that I have something to wear that is comfortable and will move with me. Mary
jewll27
on 3/7/06 6:25 am - East Greenville, PA
good for you mary!! I just found out my friend who I ride with is a personal trainer at a gym close to my house! She said she would help me get into shape if I helped her with her riding. Now all I have to do is find the extra money to join!! I am so glad you are here! You always make me relook at things positively!! sarah
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 6:31 am - CA
Sarah, Glad that I can help. Also being here helps me too. I'm taking things a step at a time. WOW, a personal trainer, how awesome is that opportunity. Why not see if she can get you a couple passes to try the gym out for a while. Also some gyms (not all) will give 1 week or even 30 day passes if someone is interested. Why not ask and see if they have anything like that available. Mary
Most Active