Missing Everyone

amandalianne
on 3/9/06 3:15 am - Juneau, AK
It has been so long since I have been here . . .so much has happened. I met someone, moved in together, moved out of state together, and finally had a baby together!! I know, sounds great . . . so whats the problem?? I'm so off track with my weight. I gained a total of 40lbs with my son (& he only weighed 6lbs 6oz of it). Since giving birth December 2, 2005 I have only lost 10lbs!!! I don't know what to do, I've dieted (not breastfeeding), exercised & the scale (or my clothes) still won't budge - sometimes the scale even moves upward. When I try to do some research on it - I read that most people only gain minimal weight with pregnancy post-op & then lose all the weight within 6 weeks post-partum. I'm terrified! I know that I should be happy that I still weigh less then I did pre-op . . . but I just feel awful . . . I didn't come this far to go backwards. I guess I just needed somewhere to go to get it all of my chest . . . to be with others in the same boat as me. Has anyone else gained back some of their weight and are having a heck of a time getting it back off??? Thanks for listening . . . . -Amanda
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 11:43 am - CA
Amanda, Congratulations on all the good things in your life. How wonderful for you. Why not join our Staying On Track challenge/comittment. Many are having problems with weight gain and/or staying on track. Remember to NOT judge your progreass against the progress of others. That is a major downfall for so many people. It sets us up for the feeling of failure if we are doing exactly what others have done. Each of us is individual in how quickly we lose the weight, so be patient with yourself. You will get it off. Are you doing high protein/low carb? Carbs can cause us to retain LOTS of fluids in our system. Are you writing down or tracking your food in something like fitday.com? Are you exercising? Are you drinking lots of fluids too? (no need to respond, just things to think about that may help turn the weight loss along). Hope to see you posting more often. Hugs, Mary
DeniseS
on 3/16/06 10:27 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Amanda - congratulations on the birth of your son. Go easy on yourself...you'll get back on track. Mary's suggestion is a good one. I, too just had a baby and need to get focused. I only gained 12 pounds, but need to get re-committed to my goal of being healthier. I refuse to wear stretch pants or shop at BIGGER stores any more. congrats again, Denise
amandalianne
on 3/17/06 8:37 am - Juneau, AK
Thanks . . . and Congratulations to you to! I'm trying to go back the basics . . . but man is it hard - lol. I get so frustrated when I bust my butt at the gym all week long, watch my carbs only to find the scale moving up. Just out of curiosity - did you find that when you were pregnant that you could eat almost anything? It was like nothing could fill me up (which I'm guessing is what helped me to gain 40lbs). Now, almost 3 months later, I'm having moments where a little fills me up - but its just not like before. Who knows, perhaps I'm still stuck on my "honeymoon period" where the weight practically fell off. I know that I should be grateful for what I have . . . I have no doubt that without the surgery I wouldn't have been blessed with my wonderful son . . . but sometimes I just can't see past the numbers or tight clothing.
Most Active