After 14 years............

tig797
on 3/22/06 8:36 am - Herlong, CA
I am PREGNANT!!!!!! I just found out that after 14 years of trying to have a baby I am 2 months pregnant. Most peoples first question is what about your surgery. Others say but you are to old. I am only 35 I did stop trying to get pregnant and now look. Any advice will be very accepted. Thank you all in advance Dana
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 1:56 pm - CA
Dana, How exciting for you. I'm so happy for you. You're definitely not too old to be a mom. You are going to do GREAT. Hugs, Mary
tig797
on 3/22/06 11:01 pm - Herlong, CA
Well thank you very much. I feel it is a miracle. I think I will do a great job also. Dana edd 1 Nov 2006
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 1:45 am - CA
Dana, I forgot to mention too. I have two very dear friends, both 35, that had their first babies in the last year. One baby is 11 months old and the other is 4 months old. Both babies and moms had a good pregnancy with no complications and their babies are healthy and happy too. Don't let others take away from your excitement and happiness. Mary
jdoran
on 3/22/06 11:32 pm - Box Elder, SD
Congratulations Dana!!! Do not let anyone take this joy away from you!! Shame on them for making you feel bad about this miracle! My husband and I tried for years to have a second child and finally ended up adopting. Our girls are 10 years apart, but I love them more than I thought that I could ever love anything. The best advice that I can give to you is to enjoy this pregnancy. If I had known that I would have only one chance, I would have reveled in it a little more. I had a great pregnancy and I pray that you will have smooth sailing. Stock up on those vitamins and make sure you get the folic acid that you and the baby need!! God bless, and I will keep you in my prayers! Joy
DeniseS
on 3/23/06 3:09 am - Harrisburg, PA
Congratulations, Dana!!!! I just had my second child in February and was also faced with lots of questions about surgery and my nutritional intake and risks and blah, blah, blah. Honey, I'm older than you, too. I just turned 37 a couple of weeks ago. Let me be straight with you, this pregnancy (my second) was more complicated than my first, back in 2001. According to the obstetrics world, we both are at higher risk, due to our advanced maternal age - a nice way of saying that if you are 35 or older - we are more concerned about you. I had two scary episodes - one where I fainted at work and the second where I had a possible seizure at work. I spent a total of 3 1/2 days in the hospital and was scared for what would lie ahead when this pregnancy was over. No one in the medical world was really sure what happened and that's ok, I guess. What I do know is that I was scared and it was determined I was dehydrated. The other thing I know is that my healthy, beautiful son was born with no complications. I feel better than I have in years. Motherhood has been a blessing for my little family. I wish you nothing but the best. Make sure your ob/gyn knows about your surgery and stay hydrated! The baby tends to "rob" us moms from the things we need to keep our bodies going. You'll do great! Denise dd Riley 11.16.01 ds Patrick 2.22.06
MsSplenda
on 3/24/06 3:56 am - Northern CA
CONGRATULATIONS on your blessing! Our timing is not God's timing; He have the best timing. Happy Friday! Shirley
Trisha W.
on 3/26/06 12:12 am - Lakewood, Oh
Congradulations Dana, I am excited for you. I am also pregnant. I am 40 yrs old and I have concerns but feel very confident I will have a healthy baby. So just relax and talk with your doctor about any concerns you have. My doctor told me I was healthier than most of her other patience who hadnt had wls. I have been taken my vitamins faithfully and eaten right most of the time. Are you tired? All I wanna do is sleep and snack.LOL Anyway again congradulations and keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care, Trisha
Most Active