It's Friday ---- Come tell us how you are

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/06 3:47 am - CA
It Friday and check in day ... How is everyone doing? Were you able to stay on track this week? Have you stayed away from the Easter goodies that are around every corner at the store? Look forward to hearing from all of you even if just a line or two. Remember anyone can join in our commitment thread at any time. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! WE ARE SO WORTH IT!!!! Mary
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/06 3:52 am - CA
My weight was up 2 lbs today when I weighed in at Curves. I had a high sodium day yesterday so am sure it is temporary. The good news is that I lost 4 and one half inches this last month with the new workout routine (I joined Curves). I really like Curves. I've met some of the nicest people there and definitely am not intimidated by the equipment. I exercised at Curves 4 days this week and am going to try to go 5 days a week. I really enjoy it and it is close to home. I did better on my vitamins. Started using Viactiv Chewables. I just couldn't down the liquid capsules from my old vitamins, so am taking a break from them for a while. So far so negative side effects from the Viactive ones so they must not use fillers because they are chewables. Don't use their calcium tho as it is Calcium carbonate NOT calcium citrate which is what we need if taking a calcium supplement. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm going to keep my goals the same which are to exercise and to take my vitamins. Mary 305/179/???? surgeon's goal for me 180 so am under his goal
WandaP
on 4/7/06 6:20 am - West, TN
Got on the scales this morning and have put on about 3 pounds (185)! I knew before I even got on the scales that I had gained... I was SO BAD this week!!! Was out of town this week (Sunday through yesterday) and ate out all lunches and suppers. Breakfast was continental offered by the hotel, and of course, I took advantage of it every morning! I made pretty good choices while gone, but think the sodium got to me. I did get alot of walking in and drank my water. Hopefully, its water gain and will come off by next Friday. You're doing great Mary! Even though you gained a few pounds, you're losing inches!!! Thats wonderful!!! You've probably gained a little because you're building muscle mass. My goal this week is not to fret over the 3 pound gain and get back on my protein kick. I'll keep getting my water in and try to incorperate some weight resistance into my routine this week. WE CAN DO THIS!!! WE ARE SO WORTH IT!!! Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/06 12:29 pm - CA
Wanda, It is extremely difficult to stay on track when you aren't at home, especially with being gone all week. Good for you for exercising and drinking the water, that is GREAT. Hugs, Mary
jewll27
on 4/7/06 11:07 pm - East Greenville, PA
well my scale finally moved!! I lost two pounds so thats got me motivated to keep it up! It was a great week as far as staying on top of everything and if felt great. It also is helping the my BF has to start losing weight. Its great!! My goal for this week is to keep my protein high and my carbs low!!! sarah
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/06 3:46 pm - CA
HURRAH!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on getting the scale to move. That is fantastic, I'm so happy for you. Mary
Playannette
on 4/9/06 11:01 pm - Blackwood, NJ
Good morning! I am happy to report that I have consumed some of my thyroid pills and have lost a total of 3 pounds this week putting me from 168 to 163.5 I am so happy. Goals for this week are vitamins, water (which I haven't been doing good at) and getting my walk in. I have only been getting in about 73 grams of protein a day but I think I should increase my protein intake and water to help me go back down to 154. I hope everyone meets their goals this week or have a good time trying to meet them. Annette
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 2:31 am - CA
Annette, Fantastic weight loss, that is wonderful. So glad you got your thyroid pills. My surgeon told me that for me I should have between 75 and 125 grams of protein a day. I know each surgeon is different on what they require, but I try to remind myself that I need an absolute minimum of 60 grams to just maintain normal muscle mass and my heart is a muscle so that protein is extremely important. Mary
Most Active