DRAIN!!

Roxana W.
on 2/26/07 11:28 pm - Houston, TX
I know I'm being a pansy, but this drain is freaking me out! I am 4 days post-op (Lap RNY) and I took the large bandage off my drain incision and put a couple of bandaids over the opening, but it's so sensitive and gives me the willies...I'm afraid I'm gonna pull something! I was getting pretty comfortable with the drain with the large bandage over it but I needed to pull that off and clean the area, but now it opened up a new issue (no pun intended). Any suggestions to ease the sensitivity until I get it out on Friday? Thanks!
Lori M.
on 2/27/07 2:09 am - Humble, TX
Howdy there...I am one of Dr. Naaman's patients too. That drain WAS the pits. I left my big bandage on because I was scared to death I'd pull it out when I took the badage off. I was shocked when they removed it becuase that thing is like 18" long inside of you...If you pull it at all it is not going anywhere. It also has asome stictches hoding it in place (the brown thing you see) For now, I would buy some sterile tape and tape that booger down until Friday. Believe me, Friday when Julius takes that thing out you might just hear angels singing in the background, it's the most amazing thing in the world. Ahhhh new life! Lori
Roxana W.
on 2/27/07 3:57 am - Houston, TX
You realize this Friday morning between 9:30 and 10:00 I will be thinking of you and hurrying for the angels to hurry up so if you feel something, it's me Thanks for the encouragement. I will tape it back down! I was just getting used to it being there and not disturbing my sleep. I had go and mess with something that wasn't broken. Thanks Lori!!!!
Lori M.
on 2/27/07 4:48 am - Humble, TX
I told Julius the day I went to have mine removed that when he got it out of me I might be tempted to do kartwheels or kiss him. That and the excitement over getting to eat grits and other foods made it such a great day! Just be careful when they move you into the liquids with consistency stage, I got super sick the first day because I wasn't sure what full felt like yet, so I overdid it. Just go slow. That first day was weird... I wasn't sure when to drink again because I stayed full soooo long after I ate that I was afraid of drinking, and I STILL over did it. Have a great week. Lori
hpyheart
on 2/27/07 1:08 pm - Southern, IL
Hi Roxana: I keep looking down at my drain, but rest assured it isn't going anywhere. I'll be glad when I can get it out though. I think we'll feel a whole new life once it is removed. Mine comes out Thursday at 2pm. The thought of him pulling it out makes me a pansy! But we'll get through it, made this far! Step one of many more. Hang in there and keep posting Cathy Z
Kimbalazz
on 3/5/07 2:24 pm - Enfield, CT
Mine came out just before I left the hospital. I decided that I would just zip my lip about that experience. I am glad I didn't have to deal with it at home, but BOY...maybe add some tequila to your fluid intake before going to have it removed.
Shanna_V
on 3/8/07 2:46 pm - Bettendorf, IA
For me when the drain came out (in the hospital) it was such a relief! The drain was the most uncomfortable part! It just felt weird when they took it out. Snipped a suture and then had you take a deep breath as they pulled it out. It wasn't painful, just a weird feeling. Shanna www.GourmetSoyOnline.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 749 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 771 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 719 views