Do you think I am progressing ok

Catherine B
on 6/19/03 3:35 pm - Kingsland, GA
I know , I have said this before I am a slow loser .. But why am I>. The world may never know LOL I started out 256 back in Aug 2002. Lost 5 pounds prior to Surgery. The day of surgery I was 251.5. I am exacly 3 months 2 days post op.. I have lost 48 pounds since the day of surgery. If you include the 5 prior I have lost 53 pounds .. Is this a normal weight loss for a 5ft 3inch person..Starting BMI was 44.3
mycroftlover
on 6/20/03 5:22 am - il
Catherine, I think it sounds like you're right on the money. I had my surgery on 3-3-03 with a start weight of 240 and I'm 5'5. BMI was 40. I have lost 55 lbs and feel like it's too slow also. I think it's hard because we get use to the rapid weight loss in the first few months. Then, when it slows down some, we freak; which is understandable due to our anxieties about our obesity. Heck, everything else has failed for us in the past, it is hard to believe this works, but it does. I have only lost an additional 10 lbs. since May 15th. Yesterday I stuck with only protein shakes (real meals) and had 90 gms. of protien instead of my 30-60. I've been bad about getting in the protein and especially the water. Managed to get the 64 oz. of water in also. Today....the scale is moving again. When I read the post about the heart being a muscle, and muscles need protein in order to survive this process, well, that lit a fire under my a##! So, 90-100 gm. of protien a day come hell or high water for this kid! You're doing great. Just go back to the beginning when the weight slows down. That seems to have worked for me!
Tamala T.
on 6/22/03 2:22 pm - Richmond, IN
Catherine you are progressing better than Iam. Iam 3 months out and only lost 33 pounds. I am however able to eat just about anything and about 5 oz. Iam just now able to exercise though. I still have an open incision and that has kept me down. Iam also having trouble getting in my fluids, so yes I think you are doing great. They told me that I was just a light weight at 5'4 and 251 pounds.
Julie C.
on 6/27/03 9:40 am - Montgomery, Al
Hi Catherine- I am also a slooow loser- I read about all these people who have lost 60 & 70 lbs in 3months. I had surgery on March 17- Went for my 3 month check on June 27. I am down only 46 lbs. I am 5'7" and weighed 267 the day of surgery. I guess I just thought the weight would melt off. I was so hoping to reach 50 in 3 months. I know I should not compare myself to others, but it is hard not to! I started a rigid exercise program about a month ago. I go to the gym 5 times a week. I work out for 40 minutes. Usually 20 on the treadmill and 20 on the eliptical. I just feel like the wieght should come off faster. I can eat anything and I wonder if that is why I am losing so slow. Any suggestions on how to lose quicker would be appreciated!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 708 views