Constipation

Catherine B
on 6/30/03 1:18 pm - Kingsland, GA
HELP.. Im constipated. What can I take to help me with my problem.. cant tolerate prune juice. Anything over the counter i can take? what about the citrate we took before surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/03 1:32 pm - ARLINGTON, TX
Catherine, I feel your pain! I spent the end of last week constipated and then spent the weekend in the bathroom. I ate a few fruit flavored prunes and they did the trick. I don't know if this appeals to you, but I figured it would be better than prune juice. : P Good luck!
Jan P.
on 6/30/03 11:29 pm - ARLINGTON, TX
I feel your pain. I used to go 3-4 times a day, now I go 3-4 days without going. If you find a good solution please pass it on. Best wishes
Heather S.
on 7/1/03 12:59 am - Surprise, AZ
I too have felt your pain and I searched the library here for an answer. I've been taking Peri-Colace, it's a stool softener/stimulant laxative. I take it when I need it, two in the evening and two before bed and it works great. I found it at Walmart where they have other laxatives. It was a little pricey about $12 for 30. Best of luck
Zenita D.
on 7/3/03 4:59 am - Lewiston, ID
Catherine, I had the same problem. I followed up with my doc who said that I was dehydrated and that is what has caused the constipation. She suggested milk of magnesia, I tried it and today I am no longer constipated.
Polly K.
on 7/4/03 1:32 am - Huber Heights, OH
Believe it or not, every morning, when i take my multivitamin and my B12, I drink 3 oz of Slimfast. It's not enough to make me sick, but it's enough to keep me regular. Every morning about 45 minutes after I have finished my 3oz of Slimfast I have to go. So right now i'm very regular. I have also tried apple juice, sometime I have to add water to it cause it tastes very sweet to me also, but I couldn't stomach the prune juice at all...
Jodi A.
on 7/17/03 10:57 am - Fond du Lac, WI
I take a combination of stool softeners and Benefiber to keep me regular. Benefiber is the best. It dissolves in liquid or soft food, no taste, no grittiness and it works!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1653 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 707 views