Salads & low carb.

Cindy M.
on 7/1/03 4:44 am - Northern, IL
Hi, Surgery on 3/19/03 and have lost 66 lbs. That seems slow to me, especially since I lost so fast in the beginning. I walk all the time. I'm pretty careful about what I eat each day. Tuna and Eggs are a regular part of my diet. I was wondering about salads. Whenever I eat a salad I feel like it takes me longer to feel full and I notice my weight loss kind of slows down. Often times when I go out to eat (very hectic lifestyle) a salad is the easiest thing to order without drawing attention and comments, but I don't want to sabbotage this whole thing. I've also noticed after I binge or really eat something with a lot of carbs I can actually break a plateua. I don't do it often or for more than a day, but how weird is that. Anyone else have meal suggestions when eating out or know how salads affect us. Which is more important low carb or low fat?
Jan P.
on 7/1/03 5:28 am - ARLINGTON, TX
I am glad I am not the only one who broke a plateua by eating carbs. I seem to lose more weight if I actually consume some carbs instead of all protein. I just make sure I limit them to no more than 20% of my daily intake. Yes I can eat more salad than other items. When eating salad I just make sure it has some protein on it as well, either grilled chicken, tuna or other fi****em. I really feel better though with the salad as it helps keep me regular. All protein and I am a stopped up puppy. Congrats on your loss and keep up the good work. Slow and steady is the best way. Jan, open rny 3/24/03 65lbs gone
Catherine B
on 7/1/03 5:40 am - Kingsland, GA
I had surgery 2 days before you and I have only lost 50 pounds. I feel like a turtle. I exersise daily ( just mowed my yard ) You sound like your doing great!! I have tried eating some carbs but still loosing at a snails pace UGH.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 708 views