I'm A Slow Loser And Need Prayer

sails92
on 7/6/03 8:15 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Everyone, Are there any other slow losers on here like myself? I had my RNY on March 27th and I've so far have only lost 45lbs and I started out at 341.5lbs. I'm a very very slow loser. I find that I can eat more than I should be able to and I don't dump on sugars. I asked my surgeon why is it that I can eat more than I think that I should be able to? and he stated that he does not reduce my stomach as small as most surgeon does because he wants us to be able to have a pretty normal life without all of th esickness. He stated that it is not to healthy to lose so much weight all at once and that the slower I do it that longer it will stay off. Has anyone had this problem? So in order to increase my weight loss I've also increased my exercise and now workout 5-6 days a week. I'm drinking lots and lots of water and have cut my coffee intake down to 2 cups per week. Coffee is now like a treat for me. I'm now just feeling that I was cheated a little bit by my surgeon. I say this because I went through this surgery with expectations of getting smaller and healthier but it just seems that it is not working for me like the way that I thought it would. I have to work a lot harder than most whom have had this surgery. Overall I guess I will not complain too much because at least I am losing and not gaining so this is something that I must be grateful for.
Jan P.
on 7/7/03 2:24 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Marilyn you are doing fine. Keep up the exercise and the water intake. You might increase you protein intake also. I am addicted to iced tea. I have switched to decaf and only use sweet and low. I also do not dump on small amounts of sugar bu****ch out. You have to have the mindset that you are not going to eat them or you will end up back in the same boat as before. This is just a small hint from someone who has already hit a plateau. I found myself back in the same old situation of carbs, carbs, carbs. I straightened myself out and am proud to say since my surgery on 3/24/03 I have lost somewhere around 70 lbs. I don't own a scale so I have to rely on the doctors scale once a month. Best wishes.
BLSLIM77
on 7/7/03 11:21 am - SAN ANTONIO, FL
MARILYN I TOO AM A "SLOW " LOSER. I SAY ''SLOW" BECUASE FOR THE SECOND MONTH I CHEATED LIKE RIP...I HAD MY SURGERY MARCH 26 2003..I can eat just about anything I want to,but I've never asked my Dr."why"... I realized I had to get with the program (as my doc calls it) because after all isn't that why I had the surgery? I started out a very unhealthy 445 lbs & now I'm down to 390 lbs which makes me very happy. We all struggle every day....Even the people who have lost weight easily with this surgery have to keep it off by themselves once the magic of the surgery is gone. Obesity is a killer, but we have a chance to beat it with this surgery. ........GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.....
TammyMLitz
on 7/7/03 11:28 am - Elgin, IL
Hi Marilyn, don't focus so much on fast weight lose. Enjoy life! Focus on new goals, do things you never did before. Make goals for yourself that don't have to do with numbers... Time goes by so fast. Plan a vacation one year from now with some girl friends. Have FUN! Plan something once a month to treat yourself. A year from now you be down 100 pounds +. Your doctor is right, the slower the better. Let your body get use to loosing the weight. It's not really heathy to loose weight that fast. 45 Pounds is great. Don't forget you still loose inches although you are not loosing the weight. So far I have gotten a manicure, pedicure, new hair style with highlights and wear things I could never wear before. I love it, I feel like a girl again. I have a great attitude on life now. One word of advice...do not eat any SWEETS...none....! Take care...Tammy in Schaumburg IL
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 708 views