pain when I eat

TammyMLitz
on 7/7/03 11:37 am - Elgin, IL
When I eat chicken, other soild foods I have a very hard time eating it without having horrible pain. I take small bites and chew chew chew. After two or three bites, I get sharp pains in my stomch and belch ALOT! It lasts for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I have to walk to subside the pain. Does anyone out there have the same problem? Half of my eating experiences are miserable. Tammy Litz
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/03 6:50 pm - ARLINGTON, TX
Tammy, I have a feeling when I eat really solid food (like chicken) of it feeling like a rock in my stomach (a little painful but mostly uncomfortable). The way I have adapted is to eat most of my meat in soups and I seem to do better this way. I have talked to people longer post-op and it doesn't seem like this problem (with solids) will last forever. Hang in there! RNY 03/31/03
sheilashoppps
on 7/15/03 1:05 pm - williamston, SC
Tammy,Iknow the feeling adn am I sick of t! I try to get my prtein in with meat and this is making it really hard. Every one says it will pass, but I am still having this problem. I belch almost every time I eat, especially if it is heavier than yoogurt..who knowsI wish there was an easysolution t this. Hugs and go luck Sheila
sdougherty
on 7/29/03 11:29 pm - Richmond, VA
I can do the dark meat of chicken but not the white meat. And you have to remove the skin. Watch out for the skins on some fruits as well like apples and grapes. They don't go down either. Just take it slow and it will come along. I have friends 1 yr out and they can eat hamburger which is something I can not do yet. But I can eat a hot dog. I still can not do much bread. It has to be toasted or I can do some of a biscut but not a sandwich or hamburger or hot dog buns. Take care!
Victor N.
on 8/19/03 9:27 am - Richton Park, IL
Hi Tammy, I had my surgery 3/3/03 and I am finally starting to be able to eat w/o all of the pain and throwing up. It still happens but not as often. Vic Novak
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 708 views