Comparing weight loss

Sally P.
on 7/11/03 2:47 am - Harrison, MI
I was 257 lbs at 5' 4" with a BMI of 43 prior to my surgery on March 26, 2003. I've loss 56-58 lbs which the Dr. says is okay but more than the 1/3 that you're suppose to loss at 3 months. How are you 3/26 people doing??
Jan P.
on 7/11/03 4:24 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Hi Sally. You are doing great. I had my surgery on 3/24/03. I started out at 317 and I am 5'5". My BMI was over 56. I have lost 71 lbs. Haven't seen my doctor since my two month check up. I have an appt on my 4 month anniversary. Hope to be down close to 80 by that point but am not disappoint in where I am. Keep up the good work and don't worry about compareing yourself to others. Everyone loses differently.
sails92
on 7/11/03 4:38 am - Lexington, KY
Hi, I'm Marilyn and I had my Lap RNY WLS on March 27, 2003. My BMI was just at 60 and I weighed in at 341.5lbs and so far I've only lost about 41lbs. I'm very disappointed with my weight lost because everyone that is around my surgery date has lost betweeen 50-70lbs. I'm a very slow loser and just don't know what else to do. I exercise 5 days a week at the health club, I drink plenty of water and get in my protein and vitamins. Overall I'm still glad that I'm losing and not gaining and is very thankful for this. Many Blessings, Marilyn in Lexington, KY.
Pam V.
on 7/11/03 10:27 am - Clifton Park, NY
Boy am I glad I saw this message board, I have been loosing very slowly as well and I though I was doing something wrong. I had my surgery March 18, 03 and I am down about 48lbs and It is very disapointing when others have lost much more. I know I should not feel this way but I can't help myself. I would like to know from any one what I can do to over come this feeling. Thank you Pam
Pam V.
on 7/11/03 10:28 am - Clifton Park, NY
Boy am I glad I saw this message board, I have been loosing very slowly as well and I though I was doing something wrong. I had my surgery March 18, 03 and I am down about 48lbs and It is very disapointing when others have lost much more. I know I should not feel this way but I can't help myself. I would like to know from any one what I can do to over come this feeling. Thank you Pam
Berta C.
on 7/17/03 11:52 am
Sally, I had my surgery on the 26th sister! I weighed 279 when I went in and am at 211 now. That is 68 pounds. I LIVE on chili beans. For some reason I can't get enough of them. Sugar free Kool ade is AWESOME and the protien drink that I love is the Atkin Advantage Cafe Au Lait. YUMMMMMY! And Chocolate from EAS!! Not as yummy cause I am tired of it! BUT, You sent me a "card" thingy on here and I am glad to hear that you are doing good.
krism2003
on 7/17/03 4:42 pm - PA
I had my surgery on March 10th and have lost about 63 pounds. Much much less than many of my peers. People tell you not to worry but of course you are going to compare and worry its natural. I wish therewas someone out there to help us feel better. Is there a solution to up the weight loss? I drink water, I take my vitamins and I eat no carbs at all. hardly any sugars. I wish i was losing faster. I feel that there are two camps out there. the people losing 70-80 pounds in 4 months and people like us losing 50-60. Honestly guys i wish i was in the other group. I sometimes cringe when i see some women profiles who lost alot more than me 4 months after their surgery. I feel the weight loss window is closing...maybe in a few months. I just feel awful if I went thru this surgery and not much weight comes off..thanks for listening. kris..
mishy07
on 7/19/03 1:36 pm - Wethersfield, CT
RNY on 03/24/03 with
Hi, I had my surgery on 03/24/03. Started at 260, now at 197...63 pounds lost. 58 pounds in 3 months is a similar rate to what I am experiencing. I think there are just so many variations in people that can account for how quickly the weight comes off and that's perfectly normal. Why do some people develop intolerances to certain foods and others don't? Who knows? Our bodies are just different. I find that if I start comparing my weight loss to other people's it can get discouraging because there's always someone who has lost more. I try to compare myself to my former self in various ways. How much did I lose on my last diet and how fast? What year was it the last time I was at this weight? When I can look at my weight going back to levels it was at 4 or 5 or even 10 years ago and think that has happened in just a few months it really amazes me and makes me realize my body has been transforming at a pretty fast pace! I don't weigh myself very often either...once every couple of weeks, generally. It sounds like evryone is doing well, just moving at their own pace. I hope you won't let yourselves get discouraged!
sdougherty
on 7/25/03 5:30 am - Richmond, VA
I had my surgery March 17, 2003. I am 5'4" and was 241 with BMI of 38. On my three month followup I had lost 57lbs. YEAH! It seems things have slowed some this month b/c as of now I my total loss is 65lbs. But my BMI is now 30- just obese! Glad to get to talk to others who are where I am post op with this surgery! Take Care!
AMY Q.
on 7/28/03 8:31 am - DECATUR, IL
HI SALLY
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!