Speaking of "small victories"...

lnorris
on 7/15/03 8:48 pm - Clarion, PA
I've been sooo happy with the results of my surgery! At three months, my PCP ordered some blood work. Before surgery, I was on diabetes meds and had a blood sugar that hung around 135. Three months out....no meds, and a fasting blood glucose level of 100! Before surgery, my cholesterol was 248. Three months post-op and the cholesterol dropped to 148 -- no typo there...I shaved 100 points! Dig this! Before surgery, this site's BMI calculator said that I was super morbidly obese (sigh). I've lost a total of 89 pounds. Eighteen weeks later, I've lost 89 pounds and I'm no longer morbidly obese...merely "severely obese"! Many people would be crushed to be called severely obese but to me it is a victory...and my journey is far from over. I'm hoping to shed another 96 pounds and I think that I might just make it. Thank God for RNY! Y'all have a great day and continued success to everyone! Lori
Catherine B
on 7/15/03 11:02 pm - Kingsland, GA
Lori Congrats.... I am hoping to get off all my heart meds by Nov.. Cardio wanted to keep me on 6 more months even though my test came all normal for the first time in 10 yrs.. He said he wanted to make sure but said I will most likley be off of them in Nov !!! I started out Morbidly obese and now I am just obese.. Not severly , not morbidly.. My bmi is 34.4 now.. I cant wait till it gets in the 20s LOL.. I will be 4 months post op tomorrow and I have lost 56 pounds from surgery day and 61 from my highest weight... I want to loose another 50- 60 pounds....
Berta C.
on 7/17/03 11:48 am
I too had diabetes and now am off of ALL of my meds. Also had HIGH cholesterol and was on Lipitor for that and now I take NOTHING at all. NO MEDS!! I was taking 9 a day and now to only take a vitamin, I feel like I am forgetting something. I started at 279 and today I weigh 211 . At 5'8 1/2 " that leaves me with a BMI of 32. I was at like 46 I think?? I had my surgery on March 26th and am feeling BETTER than EVER. I have to admit, I LOOK GOOD!! No, I am not concieted. But I feel like all of us should feel better about ourselves. We made a life changing decision and should be rewarded for taking control and have better self esteem. I used to stay in the houe caue one day when I was in my front yard doing yard work, someone drove by and yelled "Jenny Craig" at me. OMG!! It was in front of my kids and I was so devastated. NEVER really went out again. Now, I am out and about. You can't keep me home long enough to do yardwork now! Everyone in here should be proud of the decision that they made. You are all the better for it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1654 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 708 views