This WLS Is A Struggle

sails92
on 9/16/03 9:14 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Everyone and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. Everyone on this site is doing so well but yet for me it's such a hard struggle. Sometimes it's as if I've never had this surgery. I feel like such a failure. I've only lost 57lbs in 5 1/2 months post-op. This is crazy. I can't even think about a revision because I no longer have the health insurance to cover this typ of surgery again. I know that I'm in a very rare situation and the number is very low that this has happened to but I'll survive this because I'm a survivor. I'm just one whom have to really work at losing each pound. I'm not going to give up. I'm still exercising 3 days a week. I'm still drinking my water. I'm still getting in my protein by chicken and fish only. I'm still striving to be a full vegetarian one day but for now I'll only eat chicken and fish. I also still take my vitamins daily. I'll only lost 2-3lbs and then I'll hit a pleatu for weeks without losing another pound. I do get depressed on many days. My depression only rises when I get on obesityhelp and look at everyone whom are doing so well. I'm truly happy for you all but I'm just disappointed with myself. My body is just not corporating. I figure that I'm about 20-40 pounds behind the average person whom have had this surgery in the same month as I have had. I also did find a really good protein drink which is the atkins chocolate delight. So now I've started drinking that but yet I can't see the results. Once again thank you all for always giving me a wonderful word of encouragement when I post. Please Keep Me In Your Prayers. I just know that the Lord has a better plan for me. I'm just trying to keep the faith that one day I will truly reach my weight loss goals because my desire is to become an healthier person and no to suffer in this obese body. Love You All & God Bless You All. Marilyn in Lexington, KY.
Julie C.
on 9/16/03 11:27 pm - Montgomery, Al
Marilyn- I know how you feel, but hang in there. I had surgery on March 17- I am right where you are- Yes we are losing slower- but we are LOSING!!!! Think where we were 6 months ago- Look at some of the older profiles- you will see that some of there wieght losses are so great in the first 6 months and then they level out. I think in the long run- everyone losing the same. I have to work at this everyday also! Remember this was not magical- it is only a tool for us to work with. I have been exercising 5-6 times a week! I talked with a friend of mine who had the surgery last Nov. She lost slow also- but the thing I got discouraged about after talking with her was that she has not exercised at all!! I am losing at the same pace at her and I am killing myself exercising- does not seem fair- but we have to work with what we have been dealt!! It will come off! I stopped looking a the profiles- because I got depressed when I compared myself to them!!
anitanbug
on 9/17/03 3:39 am - MI
Marilyn - I know it's hard, but don't compare yourself to others. Your doing just fine! And as long as you continue to loose, I wouldn't let it bother you. Yes, it is depressing to hear how much everyone else lost, but you keep doing what your doing! Your eating healthier, your exercising, your active. Have you taken your measurements lately?? You are probably loosing inches and that doesn't show on the scale! How many clothes sizes have you gone down? Try looking at it that way instead of the numbers on the scale. You know what I call the scale?? A brainless box of screws!! Just stay positive and keep doing what your doing....and if you continue to loose slow and are working out, that just means you will probably need less plastic surgery than the rest who are loosing fast and can't tone up as fast! Stay positive hun!
BLSLIM77
on 9/18/03 8:05 am - SAN ANTONIO, FL
HI MARILYN****DID YOU KNOW MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT?? I READ YOUR PROFILE & IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU EXERCISE A LOT....THEREFORE YOU HAVE MORE MUSCLE THAN PEOPLE THAT DON'T EXERCISE...SOOOOO...GO FROM THERE & DON'T GIVE UP...REMEMBER HOW HAPPY YOU WERE TO GET THIS SURGERY?...GOOD LUCK
AmandaKS
on 9/19/03 6:15 am - Trussville, AL
Marilyn- First of all you are not a failure!!! Tell me how else could you have lost 60 lbs in 5 1/2 months? And have kept it off? There isn't a way or all of us would have done that instead of having surgery girlfriend! Alot of how fast you lose your weight depends on a combination of the following factors: your age, your starting weight, your metabolism, your fluid intake, your exercise schedule. Also remember that you could be starving your body. When I hit a plateau and called my surgeon's office in panic mode, he asked me to keep a journal of everything I did, ate and drank. For as much exercise as I was doing I wasn't feeding my body enough calories so it was keeping everything I gave it. I took his advice and uped my calories for a couple of days and BAM- lost 3 lbs. Anyway, my point is, you aren't a failure and everyone loses at different rates. I will be honest with you and tell you I think I am the BOMB until I talk to someone who did better than I have and I question everything- So I made a commitment to myself and said - remember you are doing this and succeeding and this is the pace you are meant to lose it. I want this to be a success for me long-term. I remind myself I was OBESE my entire life so of course I shouldn't expect the lbs and inches to have all melted away in 6 months. I started out at 392 and have lost 105 lbs as of today (my anniversary). This is approx 1/4 of my original body weight- how much of your body weight have you lost? Maybe then you will feel like the winner you are! Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 709 views