checking in- 10 years out!

Therese L
on 3/21/15 4:38 am - Chicago, IL

I can barely believe ten years have passed since this journey began. I highly recommend surgery for anyone who has struggled for many years with their weight with little results. Having the surgery (RNY) changed my life. That being said, it is not easy. I started the journey at 285 and am presently at 181. I hovered around 160 for years but the past four years I have been gained back a bit at a time as eating seems easier and menopause had kicked in. I wish all of you luck. This site was invaluable the first two years as I went through the journey of change with the surgery and then plastics. Bariatric surgery was a gift and blessing for me.

Terry

Ruby R.
on 4/21/15 11:31 am

I can only say 'ditto' to your post.  Hi was 262, lo 128, 147 today.  I am 5'1"  I am 70 years old.  Do not think I look or feel my age.  Sure would like to get these 20 lbs off that I have gained, but feel very blessed to be where I am.

Ruby

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Therese L
on 4/26/15 1:38 am - Chicago, IL

I agree.  I am trying to talk my sister into having the surgery.  She has bad knees, high BP, diabetes. etc.  She keeps saying she is too old to do it (55YO).  I am going to tell her about you. have a great day!

Ruby R.
on 4/26/15 4:31 am

I had no health issues at surgery and still do not.  I also had breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.  Hope things go well for your sister. It is a decision everybody has to make for themselves, but I have never been sorry I had surgery  

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 455 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 537 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 633 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 552 views