This is our month. It's been 5 years

Rick A.
on 3/1/11 12:46 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi all,

I would really like to know how you all are doing. Please report the good, the bad and the ugly.

I know I am not proud of how I have slacked off the last year or two, but I will be honest no matter how much it hurts.

My 5 years is up on the 20th and I will post then.

I hope this finds everyone well and I miss you.

Rick
Lauren003
on 3/6/11 3:03 am - , NC
Hi Rick! Nice to see you again sweetheart. I've been doing okay for the most part. Going to school which I never could have done 5 years ago, helping at my children's school in the classrooms (also could not have done) and really just enjoying life with my family and friends. I tend to feel like being out around people now more than I used to and love to dance at clubs.Strange to sort of live out my 20s while in my 30s but there is a huge part of life that passed me by. I have rebounded about 40 pounds but have been going back to the gym to try to take control again. As I sit here my sides ACHE from the twisty machine. Have had no complications at all from the surgery other than apparently grinding my teeth while sleeping which has worn them down and weakened them. I think it might have started when I was using the CPAP and had to keep my mouth closed. Anyone else having grinding problems? I am just sickened that I have to get crowns to prevent my teeth from cracking and leading to bigger problems.
Love you all,
Lauren

Confucius say: Man who smoke pot choke on handle

Laura A.
on 3/10/11 6:17 am - Manteca, CA
Hey you two....  ....and other Marchers as they check in....

I'm like you, Rick, and have slacked off this last year and have gained about 10 pounds.  I have not been as dedicated to exercise and make many too many 'wrong' food choices....the gain is all totally my own fault...and I take responsibility.

But on a positive note....I feel better than ever and am not embarrassed by my size these days and will get out and do things instead of hanging back.  This year is my 60th birthday and I have a 'celebration' planned for each month of the year.  January was a crab feed, February was a weekend Ensenada cruise with all 5 of my kids, March is a trip to a Calistoga Spa.  May will be a trip to Las Vegas (for the WLSFA convention if anyone else is going..) and this summer I will go to Texas with my sisters and Dad.  I may even try zip-lining in the Sierra foothills later this summer......  I can honestly say I'm enjoying life.

My 5 years is also March 20th....think I can lose 10 pounds by then? 

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

JenWilBeSkinE
on 4/16/11 6:02 pm - Peculiar, MO
I can't believe it's been 5 years!
I got pregnant at 15mths out and had a beautiful healthy girl (5 weeks early, not due to WLS, by c-section).
I've had major emotional upheaval but have come through it! 
I've had my gall bladder removed (probably WLS related!)
Have a better marriage than before.(probably WLS related)
Got high blood pressure again (pregnancy related! but it continues!)
Have severe anemia but have started IV iron infusions.
I'm still horrible at taking vitamins and drinking water.
Still don't exercise regularly but probably could! (Major life improvement! definately WLS related!) 
I am not at my lowest weight (199 @ 12 weeks after giving birth.) but I'm not at my highest 352 (b4 WLS). I'm at 240, after staying a steady 225-230 for 2 years. 
My over all life is blessed!!!
There are lots of things I am really determined to change again. I know I can do them. I know I got off track when I quit focusing on me at all. I never was able to attend a support group but I had a great psychologist that I kept until I had the baby then that slowed to nothing. :( I miss that time to focus soley on me. I'm sure that played a major part in my weight gain. 
food has always been my fall back and aparently it still is. But I'm determined to find some other outlet too!  
I don't know what amount i can commit to this site but if anyone is intrested in hleping each other I think I'm open now.
thanks guys for being there!
- Jen
I want it all back!!! (except the pounds!!)

Jen~ Hope your day is blessed and you forget the rest.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 610 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 715 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 652 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 777 views