Open RNY (March 23rd) Anyone else

Cheryl S.
on 2/25/09 3:38 am - Centuria, WI

I am having my RNY open due to the multiple pelvic surgeries I have previously had. These surgeries have increased the chance of scar tissue thus ruling out a lap surgery.
My surgeon has done hundreds of these procedures and prefers to do an open, so I feel good about the choice we have made. I just wanted to have a shorter hospital stay and a shorter recovery time, but I want the safest surgery for me.
Good luck to anyone *****ads this and who is going to have surgery soon.

Heaviest 287/ Surgery 270/ Current 184/ Goal 180 

Laughter is an instant vacation!
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you've been up to.   Cheryl S.

libbymac
on 2/25/09 9:05 am - Augusta, GA
I am also having my surgery on March 23rd.. WOO HOO.. I am having LAP.. good luck to you.. if you need someone to go through this with.. let me know.. Have a great day!
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/09 11:25 pm - Ashland, MA
HI Cheryl,

I am having open RYN on March 24th.  My doctor only does this type of surgery because he said he sees more problems with the lap.  I am so excited but the time till the actual day seems to be taking forever to get here.  I have been so busy getting ready to be out of work for a while that I have not even thought about being scared or nervious yet.

how are you dealing?

Stasi 
Cheryl S.
on 2/26/09 2:49 am - Centuria, WI
Thank-you both for answering my post, may I add the two of you to my friends list? I really think having someone to talk to as you go through this is very important, and it's nice to make new friends.
As far as the surgery goes I have been busy working so I haven't had much time to think about it. Right now it doesn't seem quite real to me that I will be having the surgery in less then a month. I think it seemed more real to me when I was going through everything to get approved for insurance.
I will be watching for you.....

Melody L.
on 2/26/09 10:29 am - Keizer, OR
Congrats on getting your date.  Mine is just 6 days before yours, I'm not nervous yet either, but I'm sure i will be once it gets closer, for now I'm just excited.  I'm having my lap.  Hope you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Cheryl S.
on 2/26/09 10:49 am - Centuria, WI
Congrats on your date also! I am sure the nerves will kick in, but we just have to think about the final reward! I am so excited to get this extra tool to help me. My knees are stopping me from doing the exercising I need to do, so getting the weight off will help so much.
Best of luck to you for your surgery and if you want to keep in touch, just drop me a line. Then we can enjoy the journey of weight loss together.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1094 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 956 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1050 views