Wonderful Snowstorm

shoregurl
on 3/1/09 10:51 am - toms river, NJ
I have to laugh. It's all I can do. After all the stuff I went through deciding to go ahead with my surgery with my husband being gone, now we have our first major snowstorm. I am stressing out about getting to the hospital tomorrow. I'm supposed to be there by 11 am. So I guess I'll leave extra early. How are those of you in the same situation handling the weather tomorrow?
 Shannon  

smithie95
on 3/1/09 7:45 pm - Greenwich, CT
My surgery is today at 9:30a.m.  We have about ten inches and are expecting 2-4 more.  Our car isn't great in the snow, so I called a cab-- I just hope he shows up.  The snow also means my husband won't be coming with me because the babysitter cancelled, so he has to stay home with our two year old.  Going it alone...  I'm nervous enough, I didn't need this.
Chootles
on 3/1/09 8:16 pm - Bangor, ME
good luck to you both! I am fortunate that I live close to the hospitol so I will make it there but it is storming here too. School is canceled though so my 10 year old will be coming to the hospitol with us.

*15lbs lost before surgery    
magrumd
on 3/2/09 8:07 am - Canada
I live on the Canadian east coast and I've been snowed in all day,   Left me all kinds of time to research MDs, etc,  I think I am driving myself crazy.  My surgery date is March 16 in Tijuana with Dr. Verboonen.   I am not married and haven't told anyone what I am doing.  You are very blessed to have such a supportive husband .  
  Might be worth it just getting out of this snow,
  All the best,
  Darlene 

smithie95
on 3/5/09 5:20 am - Greenwich, CT

Well I just wanted to report in that all went well.  I took a cab down to Norwalk Hospital ( I was surprised I even manged to find a cab who would come and get me but I did- we had over 10 inches of snow).  Was very nervous but the nurses and my surgeon were very reassuring and great.  So happy to finally have this done, I've been wanting to get banded for years now.
Wishing all the other March bandsters the best.  It feels great to finally be on the other side.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1075 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1102 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 965 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1053 views