2 weeks out

Emily C.
on 3/16/09 7:23 am - Claremore, OK
And 15 pounds gone off my body. Yep that is right. I broke down and weighed. I am so excited to see the scales moving down. It has been a rough ride with being in the hospital the first week, but I am bouncing back pretty well. I am still really sore on my left side, but it gets better every day. Still trying hard to get in all the liquid requirements. Hopefully that will get better too. I can get in about 40 ounces. So I still nedd 26.
Good luck to everyone having surgery this week.
Emily

Dawn H.
on 3/16/09 7:35 am - Nappanee, IN
Emily, that is awesome.  How exciting, I can not wait to join you on that loser bench!!  Dawn H.

Dawn H LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatHW 232/ SW 210/ CW 122/ GW 125   HT 5'1"  

shoregurl
on 3/17/09 10:44 am - toms river, NJ

Yay Emily! Congrats!

Shannon  

jewels72nd
on 3/17/09 10:47 am
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good for you!!!!!
shoregurl
on 3/17/09 10:50 am - toms river, NJ
I mean to say you and I had surgery on the same date and I'm having trouble with my liquids too. I'm trying, but it's hard. How are you doing on your protien? I'm really trying to get it all in. Most days I do really well but yesterday and today, I forgot to do my shake. Bad patient, I know.
 Shannon  

Emily C.
on 3/18/09 1:16 am - Claremore, OK
Shannon, I haven't found a shake that I can tolerate yet. I am still trying. I do good to get one shake down me a day and I am supposed to have 3.  Still looking for the one protein I can tolerate. A friend of mine told me she uses the body fortress protein from walmart so I am going to try it and see.
Emily

lizzyliz1
on 3/18/09 4:31 am
Emily,

I use that protein shake. Its good I just recently bought the chocolate flavored one and I don't know if you like chocolate but it wasn't for me! Its too sweet. I prefer the vanilla its more suttle and don't really taste as chalky and bitter as the chocolate. But its a very good source of protein and I can tolerate it. I do about 4 oz. of water or non fat milk (depends how I feel) 1 scoop of the protein and about 4 strawberries for a little different flavor. Hope that helps a little.

Liz
Emily C.
on 3/19/09 12:17 am - Claremore, OK
Thanks Liz. I still need to get it and try it.
Emily

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1082 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1108 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 967 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1057 views